CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
TSJFan4Ever
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
10 posters

Have you ever walked out of a place without paying the bill?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever walked out of a place without paying the bill? Empty Have you ever walked out of a place without paying the bill?

Post by Chris Tue May 03, 2011 8:15 am

Have you ever left without paying the bill? Also, do you think you should pay your bill if you are dissatisfied with the service?

Like, say for instance you were at a restaurant, and your server was poor and/or the food was lousy. Do you think you'd have a right to leave without paying the tab?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Have you ever walked out of a place without paying the bill? Empty Re: Have you ever walked out of a place without paying the bill?

Post by CeCe Tue May 03, 2011 8:21 am

Hell no.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Have you ever walked out of a place without paying the bill? Empty Re: Have you ever walked out of a place without paying the bill?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 03, 2011 6:34 pm

No and no. LOL, restaurants would go out of business if we allowed that. If the service was lousy, I just won't leave a tip and if it was extremely lousy, I'd go to the manager. If the food sucked, I'd just make a mental note to never return to that restaurant again.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:No and no. LOL, restaurants would go out of business if we allowed that. If the service was lousy, I just won't leave a tip and if it was extremely lousy, I'd go to the manager. If the food sucked, I'd just make a mental note to never return to that restaurant again.

co-signs Although I've never had service or food that bad. If I ever did, someone is going to hear about it. If I find a roach or something in my food, that's a different story. Ain't paying for that.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 03, 2011 11:31 pm

I did. And it wasn't anything to do with the service....we were at a 24/7 dive when a "friend" came in with is flavor of the night and insisted on sitting with us....we walked out on them...not our best moment, but funny to us at the time.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue May 03, 2011 11:43 pm

No - I've never walked out without paying. If the food was really bad, I'd speak to my server. I had an issue with my meal once - can't remember now what it was - but the server took it off the bill and then I felt bad, as I hadn't expected that. Id just wanted another meal, which I got, but they also took it off our bill.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed May 04, 2011 12:23 am

Nystyle709 wrote:No and no. LOL, restaurants would go out of business if we allowed that. If the service was lousy, I just won't leave a tip and if it was extremely lousy, I'd go to the manager. If the food sucked, I'd just make a mental note to never return to that restaurant again.

co-signs
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed May 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Once. 30 minute wait to order... and after another 30 minutes of no food, we walked out.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed May 04, 2011 12:37 pm

I haven't, but I wouldn't be above it if the food/service there were that unacceptable.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu May 05, 2011 12:49 am

Chris wrote:Have you ever left without paying the bill? Also, do you think you should pay your bill if you are dissatisfied with the service?

Like, say for instance you were at a restaurant, and your server was poor and/or the food was lousy. Do you think you'd have a right to leave without paying the tab?

So far in my life, I haven't been to any restaurants or such that have been so bad that I haven't paid for it, and no, I don't think people should pay if they're dissatisfied. I would absolutely skip out on the bill if a place had lousy service or food.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:38 am