CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RobbieFTW
Forgiveness Man
Chris
7 posters

Do people hate Muslims?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do people hate Muslims? Empty Do people hate Muslims?

Post by Chris Thu May 05, 2011 7:43 am

Do you think that Muslims are more discriminated against [in the United States] than most other religious groups? If so, why do you think that is? Is it largely because of terrorist stereotyping, or does it run deeper than that?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Do people hate Muslims? Empty Re: Do people hate Muslims?

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu May 05, 2011 8:14 am

I am sure some do. I don't think most people hate Muslims. I think it's largely due to the terrorist stereotyping that people are likely more afraid of Muslims than most groups. I don't think most people just got some deep hatred for Muslims.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu May 05, 2011 10:00 am

Yes I do think Muslims are more discriminated against and I think alot of it has to do with the perception of alleged tyranny, overzealous beliefs and oppression of women.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 am

RobbieFTW wrote:Yes I do think Muslims are more discriminated against and I think alot of it has to do with the perception of alleged tyranny, overzealous beliefs and oppression of women.

Well, here in the "Bible Belt" South we have christians just as fucked up in their overzealous beliefs as the muslims.

I think it is the terrorism done in the name of allah by fucked up muslims and the reluctance of the mainstream or "good" muslims to vehemently condemn the asshole muslims for their barbarism.

Also, the treachery of American born and raised muslims who attack Western ideals and commit terrorism against fellow Americans can't garner any trust or respect for that religion.
    Friendly Veteran
    Friendly Veteran
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 10

Post by Friendly Veteran Thu May 05, 2011 11:48 am

I do believe in general muslims are the most mistrusted group. I also believe that much of the distrust is not deserved.

I am sure there are many good muslims that live a good live and are good citizens. The problem is that you do not know who are the ones not to trust so people tend to bunch them up.

Keep in mind I said trusted. I do not think people, generally, 'hate' muslims. People may hate what extremist muslims represent and it does make the rest of the group look in that light unfairly.

I suppose it something similar like if an individual gets bitten by more than one dog he will become apprehensive when he is around dogs and avoid them. In some cases it becomes a very strong fear and they realize there are dogs that be a threat as the ones he came across.

The same can happen to people when it comes with other people they could percieve as harmful to them, fair or unfair that is what I think it is happening.

You have a great day.
    Friendly Veteran

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu May 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Shale wrote:
    RobbieFTW wrote:Yes I do think Muslims are more discriminated against and I think alot of it has to do with the perception of alleged tyranny, overzealous beliefs and oppression of women.

Well, here in the "Bible Belt" South we have christians just as fucked up in their overzealous beliefs as the muslims.

I think it is the terrorism done in the name of allah by fucked up muslims and the reluctance of the mainstream or "good" muslims to vehemently condemn the asshole muslims for their barbarism.

Also, the treachery of American born and raised muslims who attack Western ideals and commit terrorism against fellow Americans can't garner any trust or respect for that religion.
    co-signs "God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore." Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:41 am