CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
CeCe
Chris
femme fatale
RedBedroom
8 posters

If you live with another adult, be it spouse, roommate..whatever...

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

If you live with another adult, be it spouse, roommate..whatever... Empty If you live with another adult, be it spouse, roommate..whatever...

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 12:24 am

....do you get upset if they have people over without you knowing in advance?
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

If you live with another adult, be it spouse, roommate..whatever... Empty Re: If you live with another adult, be it spouse, roommate..whatever...

Post by femme fatale Fri May 06, 2011 2:09 am

Yes. I'll wake up and make way to bedroom door and then suddenly I hear miscellaneous chatter coming from the living room. I look out the window and there's a weird car in the driveway. So now I gotta get a little more dressed than I normally would because random company is over.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

If you live with another adult, be it spouse, roommate..whatever... Empty Re: If you live with another adult, be it spouse, roommate..whatever...

Post by Chris Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 am

I don't live with another adult, yet, but it would annoy me. The courteous thing is to give some kind of heads up about company coming over so that I don't wind up making awkward appearance in front of others.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 06, 2011 8:26 am

I like a heads up. I may not be dressed the way I need to be for company. And if it's lunch or dinner time I need to prepare ahead.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Chris wrote:I don't live with another adult, yet, but it would annoy me. The courteous thing is to give some kind of heads up about company coming over so that I don't wind up making awkward appearance in front of others.

Yeah but Chris, what might be awkward for you might be awe inspiring for your company. Doesn't really happen with us. If my wife's friend does show up unexpectedly, I'll be given a heads up to make sure I'm wearing pants.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 06, 2011 3:22 pm

no, i dont get upset or annoyed.. wish i had that in return tho.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri May 06, 2011 5:57 pm

RedBedroom wrote:....do you get upset if they have people over without you knowing in advance?
    I've never really had that issue come up before. For the most part we have the same circle of friends and if one of us is going to have company over at some point, we always let the other person know about it in advance. Mutual respect is all that's required.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Well, with my old roommate, sometimes we told each other and sometimes we didn't. Like if I was having an out of town guest coming by for the weekend or whatever, I'd let her know and vice versa. But if my special gentleman friend came by, then I didn't and didn't have to tell her anything. We'd be hanging out in my room anyway so she would never see him or if she did....he was coming in or going out. For the most part, our friends would just drop to see us and that was it. However, some of her people were a little off and it actually did annoy me when some of them came over. And she pulled the craziest shit one week with her girlfriend that I don't even want to get into. Let's just say that was the straw that broke the camel's back and I had to get my own place then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:20 am