Georgia Rule Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Georgia Rule

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Georgia Rule Empty
PostSubject: Georgia Rule   Georgia Rule EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Anybody here seen this movie? I saw it I think last year, not because I thought it would compliment Lindsay Lohan's great acting abilities eye roll but because I like Jane Fonda. And in my opinion, the film HAD potential, but blew it at every chance. The main thing that I hated of course, is Lohan's character, bitchy little girl who literally thinks she can tell anybody what to do, encounters a COMPLETE stranger on a deserted road, gets in and tells him to drive here somewhere, like he's just going to blindly do it, not even considering that he could kill her and bury her body somewhere.

A minor sore spot for me was that in the little hick town she's in, all the girls are Christians (ha ha) who parade around in their car calling her a slut, and her response is to chase them down with a truck and warn them if they don't knock it off, she's going to 'fuck your boyfriends stupid', oh I'm shaking in my shoes, the little slut who's probably infested with STDs is going to respond to being called a slut by being just that.

And the biggest sore spot for me was that she is the way she is because her stepfather molested her as a child, that's why she did drugs and crashed the car and got into so much trouble, but does she tell anybody? She tells the hick guy who she orders around, NOT thinking for one minute he's going to tell her grandmother who she's staying with, and when Jane finds out, then it's 'it didn't happen, I just said it did', but then it's true again, and when her mother comes into the picture, it's 'I lied because I wanted you to believe me'. You lie because you want someone to know you're telling the truth, okay. Then we find out it DID happen and what happens? It's 'give my mother the car and go away', and that's exactly what happens, he gets away with it, he doesn't go to jail, the grandmother doesn't kill him, he gets away with it but it's okay that they let a pedophile get off Scot free because the women are reunited and they're a family again, give me a break, I would want to see him dead, I wanted to see Jane Fonda bash his brains out with the baseball bat like she was threatening to earlier in the film. She even told him 'it's a good thing my daughter loves you, otherwise I'd kill you', but at the end the mom finds out, dumps the guy, and just lets him go.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Georgia Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Georgia Rule   Georgia Rule EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:42 pm

I agree that I wasn't huge on how many times she went back and forth on if she was molested or not. I think that could have been written better. But the truth is that many kids do recant their stories because they don't like the way they perceive the manner in which others see them. But for someone her age, that shouldn't have been the case.

Overall, I did like the movie.
Back to top Go down

Georgia Rule
Page 1 of 1