Camping out in the yard with your kids Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Camping out in the yard with your kids

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Marc™
Supernova
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Camping out in the yard with your kids Empty
PostSubject: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Anybody here do this? Or did you do it with your parents?

What's your idea of a good night camping out with the kids?

As a fun parent my father was a real bust because his idea of camping out was put up the tent, go in the house until it's time to go to sleep, then get in the tent and go to sleep, that's it, no junk food, no ghost stories, no games, no nothing. Needless to say he was never volunteered for camping out a second time.

My mother on the other hand is a very different story because we would take out my boom box and toys and books to read and a lot of junk food and we'd stay up late and look at the stars and listen to the idiotic neighbors when they came home late. And we still do it, especially when it gets too hot in the house to sleep, because we get to be out in the cool air, somebody else can have the responsibility of answering the phone when people call at night, and we can just have fun.

How about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

I attempted to once....but it lasted about an hour before we went back in the house.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:50 pm

I have not, but my son has with his dad.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Never did that with my folks....but it doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. Granted that you have a yard to camp out in.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:39 pm

We don't do that kinda stuff around here. LOL We take advantage of our electricity and technology.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:50 pm

I camped out in the backyard with my friends when I was a kid. Took our daughter with us to campsites but not the backyard variety.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:43 pm

This sort of stuff is fun! When I was child my Mom and I would go camping both to campsites and in our backyard once in a while. It was fun in our backyard; I once had two friends sleep in the tent one night along with my Mom and I when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun. I think people these days miss these little, simple things in life and would rather stick to their all-mighty important iPhones eye roll
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:45 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
This sort of stuff is fun! When I was child my Mom and I would go camping both to campsites and in our backyard once in a while. It was fun in our backyard; I once had two friends sleep in the tent one night along with my Mom and I when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun. I think people these days miss these little, simple things in life and would rather stick to their all-mighty important iPhones eye roll

Indeeeeed, it's really sad how much they take the simple things for granted.

It reminds me of a video I saw of Coney Island in 1915, four girls got stuffed into a barrel and rolled around in it, and they went on the Steeplechase horse race ride where they glided down rails in a mock horserace, and that was fun for people back then, today ohhhhh noooooo they need the roller coasters that go 160 mph or it's lame.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Supernova wrote:
MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:

It reminds me of a video I saw of Coney Island in 1915, four girls got stuffed into a barrel and rolled around in it, and they went on the Steeplechase horse race ride where they glided down rails in a mock horserace, and that was fun for people back then, today ohhhhh noooooo they need the roller coasters that go 160 mph or it's lame.

I quite agree. When my Mom was a kid (she grew up in the '50's and '60's) she and her friends found a large cardboard refrigerator box someone had thrown out and she said she and her friends spent hours crawling in and out of and just having a ball with it for hours.

Last edited by MandyPerfumeGirl on Tue May 10, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:01 pm

I ain't an outdoors kinda person, specially at night.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:25 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
Supernova wrote:

I quite agree. When my Mom was a kid (she grew up in the '50's and '60's) she and her friends found a large cardboard refrigerator box someone had thrown out and she said she and her friends spent hours crawling in and out of and just having a ball with it for hours.

Oh yeah, and my mother, she sews, she has this large cardboard folding cutting board and when I was little, my niece and I would stick up the ends in points and use it as a tent and we did that a lot. Or we'd set up the card table and throw our sleeping bags and blankets over it and use that as a tent too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping out in the yard with your kids   Camping out in the yard with your kids Empty

Back to top Go down

Camping out in the yard with your kids
Page 1 of 1