CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Supernova
RedBedroom
8 posters

What books have you bought as gifts?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What books have you bought as gifts? Empty What books have you bought as gifts?

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 10, 2011 12:25 am

I am totally hooked on buying used books or renting from library, so I don't buy books much at all for myself or gifts.

What is the last book you bought as a gift?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What books have you bought as gifts? Empty Re: What books have you bought as gifts?

Post by Supernova Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 am

I got my mother several for Mother's Day, only one has come so far ( pissed ) but the one that did come is 100 Reasons a Daughter Needs a Mother.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

What books have you bought as gifts? Empty Re: What books have you bought as gifts?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue May 10, 2011 10:08 am

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 10, 2011 6:54 pm

I never bought a book as a gift. The last book that I did receive as a gift was one of those Chicken Noodle Soup joints. Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul or some shit like that.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Normally I just buy B&N gift cards for my wife and let her pick out what she wants but every now and then I'll pick out a title I think she'll like. The last were the first 4 titles in the A Song of Ice and Fire series that Game of Thrones on HBO is based on.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I never bought a book as a gift. The last book that I did receive as a gift was one of those Chicken Noodle Soup joints. Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul or some shit like that.

LOL, I am guessing you don't think much of that series of books? I actually like them for light reading. But they have a "Chicken Soup" for just about every type of "soul"...horse lovers, NASCAR lovers, fisherman....So all of those like that I have gotten from the library are mostly pretty lame.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 11, 2011 10:56 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:I never bought a book as a gift. The last book that I did receive as a gift was one of those Chicken Noodle Soup joints. Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul or some shit like that.

LOL, I am guessing you don't think much of that series of books? I actually like them for light reading. But they have a "Chicken Soup" for just about every type of "soul"...horse lovers, NASCAR lovers, fisherman....So all of those like that I have gotten from the library are mostly pretty lame.

I actually thought it was a cool book. You're right, it's great for some light reading but it's definitely not a series I got in to.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat May 14, 2011 11:45 am

I was just brow beating my brother about birthday gift suggestions for my niece. I asked if she liked to read and he said she had shown an interest in A-Z Mysteries. I'm waiting for a list of titles she already has.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon May 23, 2011 2:13 am

I couple of sciencey-type books for my Godson. One was a 3-D book on piranhas and the other was something like "100 fascinating facts about the world - lots of pictures and neat info.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon May 23, 2011 2:29 am

My mother's birthday is in 2 weeks and I've got her a lot of books for presents...The Gracie Allen Murder Mystery by S.S. Van Dine, Homicide: A year on the Killing Streets, 2 of Maxwell Grant's The Shadow novels, a 5 in one collection of Charlie Chan stories, the unofficial companion to Law & Order, Real Stories from Law & Order, The Night Stalker, a movie tie in to the first TV movie that gave us Carl Kolchak, a 4 in 1 collection of Dr. Fu Manchu stories, and Armageddon 2419 - the original Buck Rogers novel.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 am

I have given Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand to my uncle and I recently gave a friend a boxed set of A Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, A Storm or Swords and A Feast for Crows.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:43 am

A couple of months ago I purchased "The Portuguese of the Old West" for my brother in California who couldn't find it anywhere. Paid more than it's retail price but I'd seen it in other websites for up to a grand! It's to be his birthday present from little sister. He does not know I bought it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:52 am

My brother's birthday is 6 days before Christmas so we really have to put our brains together when shopping for him...I've gotten him a few books this year, The 3 Stooges Encyclopedia, two books on the show M*A*S*H, and a book on the movie Night of the Living Dead, though this is faulty advertising because it does NOT contain dozens of never-before-seen pictures from the film, but I think he'll still like it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:37 pm