CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Crazy in Alabama

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Crazy in Alabama Empty Crazy in Alabama

Post by Supernova Wed May 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Not a popular movie by any means, it's just about forgotten, I think, but it's a good movie, I love it.

In 1960s south, PeeJoe's aunt Lucille has left her husband Chester in a most unusual way and is going to California to become an actress, and always carrying a large hatbox with her, and what happens next is just a snowball effect when she tries to stay a step ahead of the law the whole way.

Some people think the movie would've worked with just that story and not the Civil Rights story of PeeJoe being the only witness to the sheriff killing a black boy and getting involved in that, ultimately getting to see Dr. Luther King give a speech, but I think the two go well together and you really have to see the movie to get it.

Anybody else seen this one?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Crazy in Alabama Empty Re: Crazy in Alabama

Post by Alan Smithee Thu May 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Sorry, not a favorite. That was before Melanie Griffith was stung in the lips? Rod Steiger positively chewed the scenery.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri May 13, 2011 7:06 pm

It's definitely one that's better than the original novel. Glad they didn't put in the psycho girl cousin Wiley was always trying to feel up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:51 pm