CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
kinetic
SkwirtB
JM130ELM
FightSleep
CatEyes10736
SecHandNews
Jason B.
Nystyle709
Chris
13 posters

Impressive show of talent, or a disturbing display of parental leniency?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Impressive show of talent, or a disturbing display of parental leniency? Empty Impressive show of talent, or a disturbing display of parental leniency?

Post by Chris Mon May 17, 2010 6:18 am

Apparently they are seven years old.

Last edited by Chris on Mon May 17, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Impressive show of talent, or a disturbing display of parental leniency? Empty Re: Impressive show of talent, or a disturbing display of parental leniency?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Eh, it's right on the boarder. Those costumes are inappropriate for seven year old. They are talented, but the choreography was a little too suggestive for a seven year old as well. I heard about this earlier, but this is the first time I've seen the video and honestly, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Only a few of the moves were inappropriate for their age. My little sister is seven and I, nor my mother, would've allowed her to dress and dance like this. It's simply a bit too grown. Maybe if they were 13 or older it could slide.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Impressive show of talent, or a disturbing display of parental leniency? Empty Re: Impressive show of talent, or a disturbing display of parental leniency?

Post by Chris Mon May 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Yeah I'm torn too. I mean on the one hand, I don't wanna hate on these girls because they have skills. On the other hand I have a daughter who is about six years older than these girls, and there's no way she's wearing anything that revealing. Period.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue May 18, 2010 12:25 am

Jeez whatever happen to those Cosby sweaters that Vanessa and Denise used to wear?
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Tue May 18, 2010 11:47 am

The clip Chris posted got pulled. Here's another.

My opinion is what Nystyle said. I'm on the edge of respecting these little girls dancing talent, while just being appalled that their parents would let them out of the house in those outfits. They look like mini strippers from the Moulin Rouge. I can't understand why they couldn't still perform to the song while being more covered up than that. This is a little too Jon-Benet Ramsey IMO.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue May 18, 2010 12:22 pm

A standard leotard would have been fine. It wasn't necessary for them to dress up like little cabaret whores. I can't imagine that this wardrobe choice was cooked up by the girls themselves. My bet is that it was their parents, probably in an attempt to have them outshine whoever else was performing.
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Tue May 18, 2010 1:02 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:A standard leotard would have been fine. It wasn't necessary for them to dress up like little cabaret whores. I can't imagine that this wardrobe choice was cooked up by the girls themselves. My bet is that it was their parents, probably in an attempt to have them outshine whoever else was performing.

+1

But truth be told what they wore isn't that much more clad than those glittery leotards those baton twirling lil girls wear in talent shows.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Tue May 18, 2010 1:23 pm

A bit "risque" for girls their age but so long as they don't dress like that on the regular, I don't see where it does any harm. Little girls have been known to wear things like like that on Halloween.
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by SkwirtB Tue May 18, 2010 4:57 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:A standard leotard would have been fine. It wasn't necessary for them to dress up like little cabaret whores. I can't imagine that this wardrobe choice was cooked up by the girls themselves. My bet is that it was their parents, probably in an attempt to have them outshine whoever else was performing.

This. The parents were totally behind those outfits. The whole thing is a little TOO organized and uniform. Far as the dancing goes, eh. There's nothing wrong with it, so long as this was just a one off routine and not how they are being groomed to think all dancing is supposed to be this way.
    kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

Post by kinetic Wed May 19, 2010 8:42 am

Read online that this pre-girls gone wild troupe usually dresses like this every time they dance in public.
    Rule Breaker
    Rule Breaker
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rule Breaker Fri May 21, 2010 1:16 am

It's both. I credit the girls for their talent and shame the parents for letting them get up there looking like that.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 21, 2010 11:28 pm

The outfits would have been fine if the girls were dancing to another song. Maybe it is a "thing" in such comps to have current songs. But they certainly would have looked more age appropriate if they were dancing to another song.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Sat May 22, 2010 10:04 am

RedBedroom wrote:The outfits would have been fine if the girls were dancing to another song. Maybe it is a "thing" in such comps to have current songs. But they certainly would have looked more age appropriate if they were dancing to another song.

I agree that the SONG itself pushes the outfits over the top. I think they would have been fine performing the same routine to the same song if they were covered more. Dancing skills are dancing skills. Why did they need to be half naked, was there a judge that has a perverted affinity for scant clad little girls, or something? I can't imagine letting my little girls do this.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon May 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Imagine how they'll be dressing in another five or six years if they're still on the scene. Those outfits were too skimpy. All that skin isn't appropriate for girls their age. It is like watching a handful of Jon Benet's.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:08 am

Kral wrote:Imagine how they'll be dressing in another five or six years if they're still on the scene. Those outfits were too skimpy. All that skin isn't appropriate for girls their age. It is like watching a handful of Jon Benet's.

And I'm sure everybody here's old enough to remember how that one turned out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:29 am