CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Alan Smithee
Shale
CeCe
MandyPerfumeGirl
8 posters

How important is your parents approval?

MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

How important is your parents approval? Empty How important is your parents approval?

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun May 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi all,

When it comes to relationships and other stuff, like work, education, etc., my mother's approval is important to me, but I don't substitute her opinion for my own. I definitely want to know her opinion because she has very good judgment about things, usually better judgment than my own, but I don't really need her approval. It's nice, but not necessary.

Many years ago I was watching "Oprah" and a woman became a doctor because her mother wanted her to. And after all that schooling she realized she didn't want to be a doctor!

How important is your parents approval in your life?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

How important is your parents approval? Empty Re: How important is your parents approval?

Post by CeCe Sun May 15, 2011 3:50 pm

They're dead but even then I didn't have it or need it. That may be what contributed to my hardass don't GAF attitude. But their approval wasn't necessary.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

How important is your parents approval? Empty Re: How important is your parents approval?

Post by Shale Sun May 15, 2011 4:12 pm

I was always different as many teens were but the only model for values in my life was from home.

But it didn't take me long to discover there were different values in the world and that mine did not fit the model in which I was raised.

So I followed the beat of a different drummer and never looked to my parents approval - which many times they gave their disapproval for how I was living.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Not very.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun May 15, 2011 8:02 pm

In my case it would be my mother, and it's pretty important where I'm concerned but it's still my life and ultimately my decision on everything.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun May 15, 2011 10:24 pm

It's important because I respect them. If they really didn't approve of something, I'd have to examine why, because they're pretty level-headed people and it would really mean something if they didn't approve.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon May 16, 2011 7:59 am

It's important, but I don't live for it. I'd prefer their respect/approval, but if I'm doing something–or living in a way–that I believe in, then that's what's most important.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Chris wrote:It's important, but I don't live for it. I'd prefer their respect/approval, but if I'm doing something–or living in a way–that I believe in, then that's what's most important.

This. I'm not gonna date somebody who is just totally wrong for me and my folks know that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:41 pm