CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Chris
CatEyes10736
SecHandNews
7 posters

How important is family to you?

SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

How important is family to you? Empty How important is family to you?

Post by SecHandNews Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi Everybody Smile

Lately I've been feeling all sappy. Not sure why.... but I've been considering my future, and how much I want a family of my own.

My family's always been very important to me. I'm close with everyone in my immediate family. We fight, and we disagree all the time, but we're still a very tight knit bunch. My mom and my brother are my best friends, (my dad drives me nuts most of the time, but I still love the guy).

So, I was just wondering what you guys thought about family. Do you want kids?.. Are you close with your parents, and siblings? Is family important to you?

Just curious. I don't wanna bring up any bad feelings if you're not in a good situation with your family.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

How important is family to you? Empty Re: How important is family to you?

Post by CatEyes10736 Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm close to my mom and older brother. Not close to my dad and younger brother. Both sets of my grandparents are gone. I was really only close to my mothers mother. Her father died before I was born. Wasn't close to my paternal grandparents. As for extended family, like aunts/uncles, etc. Eh. Very cordial/casual. That's about it. I do want kids someday. Hopefully before I turn 30 - which means I have approximately 2.5 years to decide if this guy I'm seeing in daddy material. He claims he wants kids but doesn't seem in any haste to have them.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Pretty close to my immediate family. Close to both my parents. Don't see my two sisters a whole lot because both live out of state, but when we get together it's a good time. When it comes to extended family, I'm closer to my fathers side. I'm not pressed on more kids. I have a twelve year old. Had her young, so by the time she's grown I won't have too many gray hairs.

All in all, I'm at peace with the family ties.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:28 am

Eh, we're aight. I'm pretty close to both of my parents. I've recently gotten closer to my mom, and that's because we don't live in the same house anymore. I'm close to my little brother and my little sister. As far as extended family goes, it's whatever. Of course, I talk to them whenever I see them, call up certain ones once in a while and that's that.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:27 am

As dysfunctional as my family is I guess we are close. The thing that annoys me the most about my family is that they turn to me all the time to handle the family problems while they sit back and do practically nothing. I have different relationshiips with each one of them, I am closer with my sisters than my brothers. My one sister likes to spoil me but she can be annoying too. My Mom has passed away so we take care of our father who is not well and this has caused many problems in the family as far as shared responsibility.

When we get together all at once we do have fun together, teasing one another and laughing about stupid things. I do love my family and they are important to me but sometimes I would like to hit them with a plastic bat and tell them to wake up!!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:04 pm

Close to my mother. That's about it. My father and I have always had a difficult relationship and went the last five years without seeing or speaking to each other. It's just been recently that we started talking on the phone again, and that's only because his 12 y/o daughter (my half sister, who I've only seen a handful of times) is a busybody who found my facebook profile and started hounding me to talk. From there, he got mixed into it. Told my mother about it, and now all of the sudden they (after being divorced for fifteen years) wanna start talking too. It'll be interesting to see where this all goes.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Marc wrote:Close to my mother. That's about it. My father and I have always had a difficult relationship and went the last five years without seeing or speaking to each other. It's just been recently that we started talking on the phone again, and that's only because his 12 y/o daughter (my half sister, who I've only seen a handful of times) is a busybody who found my facebook profile and started hounding me to talk. From there, he got mixed into it. Told my mother about it, and now all of the sudden they (after being divorced for fifteen years) wanna start talking too. It'll be interesting to see where this all goes.

Sounds like the beginning of a good soap, keep us informed or at least I am interested!
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm close to my family especially my mom and sibs. My dad me sometimes clash ALOT he's remarried with a whole other family so I don't see him or his side that much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:20 am