CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Tony Marino
CeCe
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Alan Smithee
Shale
9 posters

Today I ...

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Today I ... Empty Today I ...

Post by Shale Sun May 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Bought a new TV
    Today I ... 2011_n10

For the past 6 years or so, I have had a 20-inch RCA TUBE TV.

I figured with all the DVD's I watch I should have a better view, so I went and got a 32 inch flat screen. cool dance

It fits my small apt well.

My daughter and her husband drove me to BrandsMart to get it and she hooked it up and walked me thru the ops of it. (I could have done it - EVENTUALLY by myself, but better when someone with more experience sets it up.) Actually the thing programmed itself like a computer when hooked to the cable and my regular channels showed up in the right order, unlike me having to set them manually in the old RCA.

So, what did you do today? Blue Cool

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Today I ... Empty Re: Today I ...

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Congratulations. Do you get HD? Watch it in good health!

I got laid.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun May 15, 2011 5:59 pm

alan smithee wrote: I got laid.
    Razz
    Had to one-up me didn't you!
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sun May 15, 2011 6:10 pm

I might get laid today! big grin

I made a pack of new wallpapers. Smile
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun May 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Shale wrote:
    alan smithee wrote: I got laid.
    Razz
    Had to one-up me didn't you!

I just bought a bunch of fried chicken.

Somehow I feel cheated now... Neutral
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 15, 2011 9:06 pm

I spent most of the day with my father, he is bedridden now and I had to make him comfortable so his nurse and home attendant would be able to wash him properly so he stays clean. He has been sitting in a medical recliner that I bought for him and I had to pick him up in my arms and put him in bed. I felt really sad, can you imagine holding your father in your arms knowing that this man never loved you or cared for you and now you are literally his father! When I came home I thought of all the years I was so unhappy with this man and how so many of my friends and relatives have such loving fathers and I got stuck with the rotten apple. I cried for a little while, I guess I was feeling sorry for myself. I cried because I don't want to dislike my father but I just can't help it. I really wish that he had been more of a human being rather than a monster.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Shale wrote:Bought a new TV
    Today I ... 2011_n10

For the past 6 years or so, I have had a 20-inch RCA TUBE TV.

I figured with all the DVD's I watch I should have a better view, so I went and got a 32 inch flat screen. Today I ... 86890

It fits my small apt well.

My daughter and her husband drove me to BrandsMart to get it and she hooked it up and walked me thru the ops of it. (I could have done it - EVENTUALLY by myself, but better when someone with more experience sets it up.) Actually the thing programmed itself like a computer when hooked to the cable and my regular channels showed up in the right order, unlike me having to set them manually in the old RCA.

So, what did you do today? Today I ... 678525

Nice TV Shale, good luck with it, you will love it, especially if you have HD connection.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I spent most of the day with my father, he is bedridden now and I had to make him comfortable so his nurse and home attendant would be able to wash him properly so he stays clean. He has been sitting in a medical recliner that I bought for him and I had to pick him up in my arms and put him in bed. I felt really sad, can you imagine holding your father in your arms knowing that this man never loved you or cared for you and now you are literally his father! When I came home I thought of all the years I was so unhappy with this man and how so many of my friends and relatives have such loving fathers and I got stuck with the rotten apple. I cried for a little while, I guess I was feeling sorry for myself. I cried because I don't want to dislike my father but I just can't help it. I really wish that he had been more of a human being rather than a monster.

bear hug
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 15, 2011 9:21 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:I spent most of the day with my father, he is bedridden now and I had to make him comfortable so his nurse and home attendant would be able to wash him properly so he stays clean. He has been sitting in a medical recliner that I bought for him and I had to pick him up in my arms and put him in bed. I felt really sad, can you imagine holding your father in your arms knowing that this man never loved you or cared for you and now you are literally his father! When I came home I thought of all the years I was so unhappy with this man and how so many of my friends and relatives have such loving fathers and I got stuck with the rotten apple. I cried for a little while, I guess I was feeling sorry for myself. I cried because I don't want to dislike my father but I just can't help it. I really wish that he had been more of a human being rather than a monster.

Today I ... 672400

Thanks Uncle, I really needed one of those Smile
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 15, 2011 9:48 pm

That's what uncles are for my Nephew. You obviously had a shitty day. Hey - know what always makes me feel better? Getting laid!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon May 16, 2011 12:21 am

alan smithee wrote:... Hey - know what always makes me feel better? Getting laid!

Yeah, better than watching the Star Trek movie on ur new wide TV.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon May 16, 2011 12:27 am

Tony Marino wrote:... I cried because I don't want to dislike my father but I just can't help it. I really wish that he had been more of a human being rather than a monster.

This has got to be ruf, working thru such deep-rooted issues. Do you have a support base in dealing with this? Just do what you feel is right - but don't force it to where it harms you. I think a non-involved therapist could probably help.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon May 16, 2011 4:32 am

alan smithee wrote:I got laid.

I thought we said we weren't gonna tell anybody!!!
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon May 16, 2011 4:49 am

I don't have to imagine, because my dad is the same way. He was always ashamed of me and cruel and abusive, calling me names and humiliating me in front of others. Now he just shuns me when I'm the one that should be shunning him and maybe I do. Maybe its mutual cause I do shun him too, but guess what HE has no right to since he's the dad. Its his responsibility to always be willing & wanting to have a connection with me, despite how I feel! He isnt a nice guy to anybody really but he wasnt as harsh to my brother & sister and he treats his kids w/his 2nd wife better. I'm 25 now and he cant boss me around like he used to but on the rare occasion I see him he still gives me nasty looks and talks to me harsh, that's if he's not deliberately ignoring me. I know exactly why he hates me but I wont get into it. Just wanted to say I know exactly what you mean. Grateful my mom, stepdad and sisters & brothers love me despite him. You're better than me Tony cause when he's old I wont be the one taking care of him and if he ends up alone in a flop house, he will deserve it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 16, 2011 6:27 am

RobbieFTW wrote:

I never agreed to that! big grin Besides, Chris likes to peek in my window and you know he can't keep a secret Wink
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon May 16, 2011 7:13 am

Yesterday my Internet connection went down in the early afternoon. I called my cable company, and was routed to customer service for my ISP, and we spent nearly an hour troubleshooting. Finally, she decided that she couldn't help me, but concluded that it was a problem with the router (which had no power at all, and all the lights on it went dead.) She then tells me I would need to get a new router from the cable company; the problem with that, though, is that it was Sunday and the cable company was closed all day. So I spent most of my day wandering around, annoyed that I couldn't get online. Staring at that damn router, practically cursing at it. To make matters worse, I go to work this morning, so I wouldn't have been able to get to the cable company until after.

I went to sleep last night hoping that by the time I woke up the thing would have start working on its own. No such luck. I woke up, and it was still dead. I fiddle around with it, looking at the power cord, and on a whim decide to replace it with another one that looked similar that I had in the drawer. And surprise, surprise, it worked.

I can't help but wonder why some cosmic force wanted me to be offline all day Sunday.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon May 16, 2011 7:23 am

We love you Tony. bear hug And, while I can't speak for your father, as a father myself, I have to wonder/hope that at least a small part of him loves you more than he is able to reveal, for whatever reason that may be. Not to make an excuse for him, but some men (particularly those from an older generation) just have this inability to bond with and/or express affection with their children; and in the meantime react in a bitter manner when they see their kids cling to their mother, and have a relationship with them that they never could. You said that you and you mother were close, perhaps it was seeing that that made your father jealous and created his indignant reaction in him where you're concerned, because he could clearly see who *you* always preferred, and (due to his attitude) it wasn't him.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon May 16, 2011 9:03 am

big hugz big hugz big hugz to Tony & Robbie.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 16, 2011 10:49 am

alan smithee wrote:That's what uncles are for my Nephew. You obviously had a shitty day. Hey - know what always makes me feel better? Getting laid!

big grin YEAH!!!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 16, 2011 10:51 am

Shale wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:... I cried because I don't want to dislike my father but I just can't help it. I really wish that he had been more of a human being rather than a monster.

This has got to be ruf, working thru such deep-rooted issues. Do you have a support base in dealing with this? Just do what you feel is right - but don't force it to where it harms you. I think a non-involved therapist could probably help.

I guess I just realize that he is now heading to the end of his life and I have been reflecting which I never usually do. I basically came to terms with all of this years ago I just had a moment of weakness.

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 16, 2011 10:51 am

RobbieFTW wrote:

LMAO!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 16, 2011 10:56 am

Chris wrote:Yesterday my Internet connection went down in the early afternoon. I called my cable company, and was routed to customer service for my ISP, and we spent nearly an hour troubleshooting. Finally, she decided that she couldn't help me, but concluded that it was a problem with the router (which had no power at all, and all the lights on it went dead.) She then tells me I would need to get a new router from the cable company; the problem with that, though, is that it was Sunday and the cable company was closed all day. So I spent most of my day wandering around, annoyed that I couldn't get online. Staring at that damn router, practically cursing at it. To make matters worse, I go to work this morning, so I wouldn't have been able to get to the cable company until after.

I went to sleep last night hoping that by the time I woke up the thing would have start working on its own. No such luck. I woke up, and it was still dead. I fiddle around with it, looking at the power cord, and on a whim decide to replace it with another one that looked similar that I had in the drawer. And surprise, surprise, it worked.

I can't help but wonder why some cosmic force wanted me to be offline all day Sunday.

Couldn't you have bought a router in Radio Shack rather then spend a thousand dollars from the cable company? Radio Shack sells a good router for like 30 bucks.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 16, 2011 11:00 am

RobbieFTW wrote:

I don't have to imagine, because my dad is the same way. He was always ashamed of me and cruel and abusive, calling me names and humiliating me in front of others. Now he just shuns me when I'm the one that should be shunning him and maybe I do. Maybe its mutual cause I do shun him too, but guess what HE has no right to since he's the dad. Its his responsibility to always be willing & wanting to have a connection with me, despite how I feel! He isnt a nice guy to anybody really but he wasnt as harsh to my brother & sister and he treats his kids w/his 2nd wife better. I'm 25 now and he cant boss me around like he used to but on the rare occasion I see him he still gives me nasty looks and talks to me harsh, that's if he's not deliberately ignoring me. I know exactly why he hates me but I wont get into it. Just wanted to say I know exactly what you mean. Grateful my mom, stepdad and sisters & brothers love me despite him. You're better than me Tony cause when he's old I wont be the one taking care of him and if he ends up alone in a flop house, he will deserve it.

Sounds like we are in a similar situation Robbie. I don't know the real reason my father hated me, I guess it was something I did as a child because I got the same treatment as you but with physical abuse as well. I have every right to abandon him but the part of me that has my Mom's compassion is what kicks in and that is why I became involved. I don't like it one bit but I also can't sit back and watch someone just deteriorate and die, regardless of what he did to me. In the end I know I am a better person and would never end up like him.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon May 16, 2011 11:04 am

Tony Marino wrote:
    Chris wrote:Yesterday my Internet connection went down in the early afternoon. I called my cable company, and was routed to customer service for my ISP, and we spent nearly an hour troubleshooting. Finally, she decided that she couldn't help me, but concluded that it was a problem with the router (which had no power at all, and all the lights on it went dead.) She then tells me I would need to get a new router from the cable company; the problem with that, though, is that it was Sunday and the cable company was closed all day. So I spent most of my day wandering around, annoyed that I couldn't get online. Staring at that damn router, practically cursing at it. To make matters worse, I go to work this morning, so I wouldn't have been able to get to the cable company until after.

Couldn't you have bought a router in Radio Shack rather then spend a thousand dollars from the cable company? Radio Shack sells a good router for like 30 bucks.

Honestly, I was expecting to get one from the cable company for free. It was their product malfunctioning; well, their cord anyway. They're charging over $100 a month for this package that I have, they can give me a replacement router box should I ever need one (although they probably would have been slick and tried to charge my monthly bill for it.)
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 16, 2011 11:07 am

Chris wrote:

We love you Tony. bear hug And, while I can't speak for your father, as a father myself, I have to wonder/hope that at least a small part of him loves you more than he is able to reveal, for whatever reason that may be. Not to make an excuse for him, but some men (particularly those from an older generation) just have this inability to bond with and/or express affection with their children; and in the meantime react in a bitter manner when they see their kids cling to their mother, and have a relationship with them that they never could. You said that you and you mother were close, perhaps it was seeing that that made your father jealous and created his indignant reaction in him where you're concerned, because he could clearly see who *you* always preferred, and (due to his attitude) it wasn't him.

Thank you Chris Smile I suppose that is part of the reason because I was closer to my Mama. It was his doing that pushed me closer to her. When I was 2 or 3 he brought me to see one of his many "female friends" and she gave me a little gift. He told me not to tell Mama where I got it from or where he took me. Guess what little Tony did when he got home and Mama asked where I got it?? Since that day, like Robbie I got the hated looks, beat up, humiliated etc. etc. His cruelty wasn't only restricted to me, he did the same to my other brothers and sisters too but I was the one that always got the look of pure hatred and disgust from him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:04 am