CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
GrayWolf
Shale
Tony Marino
Supernova
Chris
11 posters

Have you had a mouse in your house?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you had a mouse in your house? Empty Have you had a mouse in your house?

Post by Chris Mon May 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Have you ever been startled to find something scurry across your kitchen floor? Thankfully, I haven't. Before I moved in to my house, I had pest control come out and check/fumigate just in case.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Have you had a mouse in your house? Empty Re: Have you had a mouse in your house?

Post by Supernova Mon May 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Once when we were really little. I found it dead under my mom's chair and just thought it was one of our rubber toy mice so I didn't think anything of it, but when my mother found it, laughing .
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Have you had a mouse in your house? Empty Re: Have you had a mouse in your house?

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Yep, I have had mice in the garage, I leave a trap set at all times. I have not caught one in a couple of years.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon May 16, 2011 12:31 pm

I have lived in places where mice could get in.

One old frame house we had a rat make his rounds between the hole under the kitchen sink to the hole by the bathtub.

Mice don't bother me, I think they are cute.

In fact I had one live with me in my cabin in the woods. I felt him one morning walking on my back as I woke up in my sleeping bag. Caught him twice and put him outside but he kept coming back. Then one day he disappeared (I think the sluggish king snake I saw around the cabin is where he disappeared to).
    blank stare @ you
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Mon May 16, 2011 12:40 pm

No but once I had someone clean the gutters on my roof and they wound up poking in a whole in it. Two days later I'm in the den and I hear what sounds like something crawling over the ceiling. The next day I called the Orkin man, and sure enough it was a small mouse caught up there. The day after that I had that hole patched because it would've only been a matter of time before another more resourceful creeper not only found that hole but also a way inside.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 16, 2011 2:15 pm

No mice but we get squirrels in the attic every now and then. None of them have breached our defences yet.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Never in the house, but for the first few years we lived here, we had a terrible problem with them in the garage.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue May 17, 2011 4:11 am

Not in the house but one time I saw one in the yard.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 17, 2011 1:27 pm

I remember when I was younger, we saw a mouse in our old apartment. After dad called and let the landlord have it, we never saw any pests again.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Tue May 17, 2011 7:21 pm

I have dealt with mice numerous times when I was growing up. Eventually with some tricks to keep them away, we stopped finding dead mice or traces of mice in the house. With my current residence, I have seen any traces of mice or one.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed May 18, 2011 4:54 am

No - I'm in an apartment. At my childhood home, we had them the odd time - twice that I can recall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:55 am