Toilet Seat In Your Home Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toilet Seat In Your Home

Go down 
+4
Jason B.
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
DanaShelbyChancey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female
Rep : 10

Toilet Seat In Your Home Empty
PostSubject: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:26 pm

I got a new toilet seat this weekend, because the one I had just broke on both hinges and fell apart. The new one has metal hinges, not plastic. Still it lasted for 8 years. I'm not complaining.

My coworker says she gets new toilet seats every year. She says it is too hard to clean in the crevices where the hinge meets the porcelain, so she just chucks them.

I don't get that. She could just remove them, clean, and reinstall. I don't see the need for a new one.

What are your thoughts on toilet seats?
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:38 pm

DanaShelbyChancey wrote:
I got a new toilet seat this weekend, because the one I had just broke on both hinges and fell apart. The new one has metal hinges, not plastic. Still it lasted for 8 years. I'm not complaining.

My coworker says she gets new toilet seats every year. She says it is too hard to clean in the crevices where the hinge meets the porcelain, so she just chucks them.

I don't get that. She could just remove them, clean, and reinstall. I don't see the need for a new one.

What are your thoughts on toilet seats?

Every couple of years. By the way those hinges come up and you can clean all around them with no problem.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Not that often. They're not that hard to clean.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Funny I actually need another toilet seat now. The other day I was in the bathroom and bumped into it hard, and the bottom rings on it broke off. You can still sit on it, but it isn't as secure. So that's on my list for the next time I go shopping.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Every three or four years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
DanaShelbyChancey
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
DanaShelbyChancey

Female
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:10 am

I love the padded ones, but no matter how good it is, how much I pay for it, the plastic cracks. You can fix it with duck tape but it just doesn't feel right.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:11 am

i myself have never lived in a place long enough to have the seats replaced, since i lived at my ma's, but im not sure how often she replaced ours, id say every 3 or so years
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Well, I just bought a new one about a year and a half ago. It's so pretty. It matches the decor in my bathroom and there is a design on it. It'll last a while, until I see a new one that I want. They're pretty easy to clean, I always take the seat off when I clean my toilet, then I clean the seat separately. I know I can't stand foam toilet seats. NEVER buy those.
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Rainmaker

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:55 am

Right now I need to buy a new toilet seat. About a month ago I tripped and sort of fell against the toilet bowl and broke the plastic hinges underneath. The seat while still attached to the bowl is now very loose and not as sturdy as it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Seat In Your Home   Toilet Seat In Your Home Empty

Back to top Go down

Toilet Seat In Your Home
Page 1 of 1