CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

We are dying out

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

We are dying out Empty We are dying out

Post by Supernova Tue May 17, 2011 12:12 pm

eye roll I live in a small town and I say all the time it is dying out piece by piece, one by one stores go out of business, the buildings sit empty for years and now that's including main street where a lot of the businesses are: the book store closed and turned into a photographer's studio which is now for lease for something else, the drug store closed and moved out onto the highway so that's empty now, and today I find out that our only video store is closing as well. So to see a new movie now it's either pay $7.50 at the theater to see or wait 6 months from the time of the DVD release to get it at the library. This is getting ridiculous.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

We are dying out Empty Re: We are dying out

Post by RedBedroom Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 pm

That's too bad. The very small town that Dad lives, where I lived in high school, is like that, only on a smaller scale. There was never a lot there to begin with. The gas station is finally re-opened, as is the cafe, but for how long is anyone's guess. The laundromat and car wash have gone under and are eye sores now. The actual grocery store went under before I was even out of high school.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:39 am