What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button

Go down 
+8
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
TSJFan4Ever
gingersnaps
Nhaiyel
CeCe
Nystyle709
femme fatale
12 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button Empty
PostSubject: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Quote :
– Tue May 17, 1:24 pm ET

JERUSALEM (Reuters) – Inspired by Facebook, a couple in central Israel have named their baby daughter "Like."

"It's short and sweet," Vardit Adler, Like's mother, told Reuters on Tuesday. "It's very important to me and to my husband that the names we give our children are unique, creative and totally new," she said.

Six-day-old Like has two older sisters, 10-year-old Dvash, Hebrew for honey, and five-year-old Pie, "as in apple pie," Adler said.

"I'm not worried about other children teasing Like. Dvash and Pie don't seem to mind their special names and nobody teases them," Adler said.

Surprised by media attention her newborn daughter was getting in Israel, Adler noted that Like has already received hundreds of comments on her own Facebook page

(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Like-Adler/216472665038143).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110517/wr_nm/us_israel_facebook_1
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Oh dear.........
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:05 pm

For goodness sake... eye roll
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm

The hilarious part in all this are the parents thinking that naming their child after a common widget Facebook is unique, as opposed to uncreative, uninspired and flaky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:
The hilarious part in all this are the parents thinking that naming their child after a common widget Facebook is unique, as opposed to uncreative, uninspired and flaky.

I had mine way too soon. I could have named them "Quote" "Edit" or "Profile". Too bad they missed out on that cutting edge stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:42 pm

CeCe wrote:
Nhaiyel wrote:

I had mine way too soon. I could have named them "Quote" "Edit" or "Profile". Too bad they missed out on that cutting edge stuff.

Oh, for sure.
If I ever deliver a baby boy, I will be naming him 'Profile.' His middle name can be 'Font.'
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
gingersnaps
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
gingersnaps

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:
CeCe wrote:

Oh, for sure.
If I ever deliver a baby boy, I will be naming him 'Profile.' His middle name can be 'Font.'

good one

much better than "like"
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:47 am

But what about naming the baby in honour of facebook itself? Face has a nice ring to it, followed by Face's sibling, Book. You could introduce your kids by saying here's Face Book and then we can't forget baby #3 - Twitter.

And they say evolution is continued improvement? Seems like we're getting more and more stupid.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:20 am

If they really wanted to pay homage to FB, they should have named him "Friend Request".
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:48 am

Nice. That is just as bad as Gwyneth Paltrow naming her daughter Apple.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Naming a baby "Like"? That's just too bizarre - even for me!
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:53 pm

The parents sound like fruitcakes to me. When people try and get "creative" with naming their kids, it tends to end in disaster....like this.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Are you reading all this, Cat and Chris? Think about 'Profile Page' for you little ones!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:41 am

RedBedroom wrote:
Are you reading all this, Cat and Chris? Think about 'Profile Page' for you little ones!

laughing

Never.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button   What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button Empty

Back to top Go down

What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button
Page 1 of 1