Judgement Day, Part Deux Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judgement Day, Part Deux

Go down 
+11
Cheaps
gingersnaps
TSJFan4Ever
Hyacinth Girl
femme fatale
Supernova
CeCe
Shale
Forgiveness Man
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Alan Smithee
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Judgement Day, Part Deux Empty
PostSubject: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:45 am

Just in case, I think we should all check back in at 6:00 this evening just to see who was Raptured and who is still here. big grin
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:59 am

It was already 6 in Australia. No reports of brimstone. :O
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:04 am

LOL, I remember 12:01AM January 1, 2000. We're all watching the TV waiting, for the power to go out and planes to start falling from the sky.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:11 am

People want so much to be able to know when the end is coming and the fact that they can't just irks them so. lol
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:12 am

Isn't the Rapture not even in the Bible?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:28 am

Rockbird wrote:

I'm taking the Wikipedia short cut

Quote :
In Christian eschatology, the Rapture is a reference to the being caught up referred to in the Biblical passage 1 Thess 4:17 when in the End Times the Christians will be gathered together in the air to meet Christ.

The primary passage used to support the idea of the Rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, in which Paul cites "the word of the Lord" about the return of Jesus to gather his saints.

... and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.1 Thess 4

There are many views among Christians regarding the timing of Christ's return (including whether it will occur in one event or two), and various views regarding the destination of the 1 Thessalonians 4 aerial gathering:
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:28 am

Hey, any reports of the pious being picked up early? blank stare @ you

I was out this morning biking with my upstanding, really decent friend Rob when POOF!

IDK where Rob is, but here is a memory.
Blue Cool

Judgement Day, Part Deux 227505_10150197104550480_744025479_6905760_5826607_n
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:58 am

Rockbird wrote:

They can't even agree on it. lol Found this though
Quote :
ORIGIN OF THE SECRET RAPTURE THEORY

To many it is both amazing and shocking to discover that neither the word rapture nor the doctrine/teaching of a "secret rapture" is to be found in any bible translation. Moreover, it is not even mentioned in any "christian" literature prior to the year 1830.

Dave MacPherson, author of The Unbelievable Pre-Trib Origin, reveals that the "rapture" teaching born in England during the mid-1800's. MacPherson's research found that a Church of Scotland minister, named Edward Irving, was the first to preach the "rapture gospel."

Just how the "rapture" theory occurred to Irving is an intriguing facet of modern churchianity's history. Irving held some eccentric positions on the use of "spiritual" gifts, including speaking in tongues and prophesying. He contended that these gifts were for the present day "church", and had quite a few followers of his radical notions. However, when chaotic disturbances arose in Irving's services during the manifestations of these "gifts", the Church of Scotland took action, dismissing Irving from his position as minister in 1832.

The ultimate result of Irving's dismissal was the formation of the Catholic Apostolic Church, which still exists until this day. Irving's movement grew and became the basis of modern day pentecostalism. The natural evolution of this movement has resulted in the recent emergence of the "Toronto Laughing Spirit" phenomenon which has seduced and mislead more than a few well-intentioned people.

However, in 1830 during one of Irving's sessions before his dismissal, a young Scottish girl, named Margaret MacDonald, fell into a "trance". After several hours of "vision" and "prophesying" she revealed that "christ's" return would occur in two phases, not just one. "Christ" would first come visibly to only the righteous, then He would come a second time to execute wrath on the unrighteous in the nations.

This "secret rapture" was promoted by Irving claiming he, too, had heard a "voice" from heaven commanding him to teach it. (Some modern researchers submit that Irving's speculations of the "rapture were influenced by the Spanish Jesuit priest, Lacunza whose book Irving had translated in 1827 under the title, The coming of the Messiah in Glory and Majesty)

John Darby, an Englishman and pioneer of the "Plymouth Brethren" movement became caught up in the rapture philosophies of Irving. When Darby heard about Irving's activities, he traveled to Scotland to talk with Irving and his followers about the "secret rapture". It was Darby who became the master developer of "scriptural" arguments to support the theory/doctrine that evolved.

Darby's development of the "rapture" theory has since become widely popularized in Britain and finally in the U.S., largely as a result of Cyrus Scofield's notes in his Scofield Reference Bible.

Belief in the "secret rapture" doctrine has become so widespread among today's "evangelicals" and "fundamentalists" that many sitting in the pews assume that the teaching dates back to the apostles themselves and the Messiah. Regardless of whom one regards as the originator of the teaching — whether Irving, Darby, Margaret MacDonald, or a Jesuit priest - one thing is obvious; the "secret rapture" theory is of relatively recent origin. Moreover, it has no basis in fact nor was it ever a teaching of the Messiah, Apostles, or the early movement begun by Messiah.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/Malkaynu/rapture.html
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Shale wrote:
Hey, any reports of the pious being picked up early? blank stare @ you

I was out this morning biking with my upstanding, really decent friend Rob when POOF!

IDK where Rob is, but here is a memory.
Blue Cool

Judgement Day, Part Deux 227505_10150197104550480_744025479_6905760_5826607_n

Poor Rob Judgement Day, Part Deux Sllo2t
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:32 pm

The other day on the radio they said that somebody made this same prediction back in 1994, and then they said they miscalculated, so my dad was saying when today passes and nothing happens, they'll be saying that again, they miscalculated and pick a new date.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Supernova wrote:
The other day on the radio they said that somebody made this same prediction back in 1994, and then they said they miscalculated, so my dad was saying when today passes and nothing happens, they'll be saying that again, they miscalculated and pick a new date.

LOL it was the same guy.
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:25 pm

This is all too much for me. I'm still waiting on y2k.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Actually, I did get Raptured today, and went on up, but God said it was a false alarm and He wasn't quite ready yet, so I got sent back. I did happen to have a Kleenex box with me at the time, and managed to save a number of seats in Heaven by placing an individual tissue on each, like rude jerks and idiots do at dance recitals, so if anyone wants one, let me know. (Bring your own popcorn, though.)
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm still here. cool dance As if there was any chance I wouldn't be ROFLMAO!
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:31 pm

alan smithee wrote:
I'm still here. cool dance As if there was any chance I wouldn't be ROFLMAO!
co-signs
They even mentioned it on the 6:00 News.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:03 pm

It's 6:02 here according to all available clocks and all is still well on the midwestern front, ain't any of us disappeared yet and things don't appear to be any worse off than they were before. So I say we all take bets to see when these nutsos are next going to predict the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Supernova wrote:

That was the same guy. He said he'd miscalculated that last time. Now he's gone into hiding - lol! He's nothing but a nutcase. Wonder how long before he makes another prediction. We still have 2012 to get through - lol!!!!! That's when the Mayans supposedly predicted the end, though I've heard it argued that it wasn't so much the end, as that's when their calendars stopped.

No flesh eating zombies out yet. Wonder what tie discussion will be in art class on Tuesday if the kids will have forgotten it.

it's just past 6:00 where I am and everythign is fine - news is on, cars are driving around - no end of the world for me.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:08 pm

They said on the radio they were in Time Square with that nut a few minutes before 6 and he believed it was going to happen, and after 6 o' clock people were screaming at him and he didn't say anything and just read his Bible.

Now what I'd like to know, all this hysteria was caused by one man, why would the news ever grant him all this publicity?
Back to top Go down
gingersnaps
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
gingersnaps

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Supernova wrote:

It's the same guy from 1994. I believe his excuse from that time was a "map miscalculation". I'm sure he'll come up with lame excues this time as well.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Seen this on another forum..

BREAKING NEWS **** Rapture halted because of discrepancies surrounding His "manger" birth, Jesus was unable to produce His original long-form birth certificate, so the rapture is temporarily on hold while Donald Trump hires investigators to track down the 3 wisemen who were "supposedly" witness to… the newly born Jesus back in the day.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:56 am

HA HA HA - Donald's never going to live this one down. Serves him right. Hmmm - anyone investigsated HIS birth certificate?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:28 am

It was weird today....around 5:30....the sky started turning gray and it started raining. It lasted well up until 6. Then I heard they changed the time from 6 to 9 pm. It is now 2:27 am. Hmm. Guess God took the day off today.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:12 am

This was posted today on the After Rapture Party on Facebook. I really like it:

Due to technical difficulties... The scheduled END OF THE WORLD event has been postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have already quit your job, given away your life savings or liquidated all of your assets... Ooopps... Our bad! We will attempt another doomsday event in December, 2012. Please stay tuned. Oh, and Have a nice day
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:13 pm

I put people who think they know when Judgment Day is coming in the same bin as those who think that driving our cars is gonna make New York City go under water. One side distorts Scripture, one side distorts Science. It's amusing to see Doomsday Prophets of all sorts all end up being wrong.

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Sun May 22, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:31 pm

I ain't been Raptured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judgement Day, Part Deux   Judgement Day, Part Deux Empty

Back to top Go down

Judgement Day, Part Deux
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next