CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Tony Marino
Hyacinth Girl
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Supernova
Marc™
10 posters

Ever Quit Something You Were Addicted to?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Ever Quit Something You Were Addicted to? Empty Ever Quit Something You Were Addicted to?

Post by Marc™ Mon May 23, 2011 1:34 am

Ever had an addiction (or even just a bad habit)....how did you quit, how long did it take you, did you ever relapse?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Ever Quit Something You Were Addicted to? Empty Re: Ever Quit Something You Were Addicted to?

Post by Supernova Mon May 23, 2011 1:38 am

Chat rooms. I started going into them when I was 14, it was fun, lot of people to talk to, talk about anything, get a lot of opinions at once...but I also became acquainted with a few people I would've been better off never speaking to...and that went on until I was 19, and I finally decided I couldn't do it anymore...so it's been two years and some odd time since I last visited one and a few times I've thought it'd be fun to go back and see how things have changed and who's frequenting them now...but I decided that's a habit better not getting into again.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Ever Quit Something You Were Addicted to? Empty Re: Ever Quit Something You Were Addicted to?

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 23, 2011 1:41 am

smoking
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon May 23, 2011 1:43 am

I used to smoke too....from the age 13 to 17. And yeah I did briefly relapse when I was around 20, but didn't became addicted again.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 23, 2011 1:46 am

Marc™ wrote:I used to smoke too....from the age 13 to 17. And yeah I did briefly relapse when I was around 20, but didn't became addicted again.

Good for you that your relapse didn't stick. I quit at 18 and then started again till 22 and still am known to have a cig if I am drinking. Something about a drink and having a cig with it. Not every time, but those times I should stop drinking, I drink more and smoke.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon May 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Marc™ wrote:Ever had an addiction (or even just a bad habit)....how did you quit, how long did it take you, did you ever relapse?

yes ive had an addiction, how i quit was basicly being away from everyone else who had same addiction, surround myself around different people, and it took several months..yes i did relapse once
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon May 23, 2011 1:25 pm

I just quit an addiction less than 2 weeks ago--posting in the forum I was a member of before this one. I'd still be there adding to my over 6,000 post count, but there's about 5 people there who are mega-trolls, and the mods did nothing to stop the personal attacks in the way of banning these idiots, and in fact, one of the trolls was a Moderator himself. . . .soooooo, after a huge flame war, I and another longtime member ducked out and let them think they've won.

I don't know if I'm going to relapse and go back under a different username--that remains to be seen because me and the other person who bailed, are watching offline to make sure things calm down to the point where we won't have to consider jumping back in. I hear the mods/administration are making new rules and taking a look at things, but they did it far too late and the trolls are still there when they should've been locked out.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I just quit an addiction less than 2 weeks ago--posting in the forum I was a member of before this one. I'd still be there adding to my over 6,000 post count, but there's about 5 people there who are mega-trolls, and the mods did nothing to stop the personal attacks in the way of banning these idiots, and in fact, one of the trolls was a Moderator himself. . . .soooooo, after a huge flame war, I and another longtime member ducked out and let them think they've won.

I don't know if I'm going to relapse and go back under a different username--that remains to be seen because me and the other person who bailed, are watching offline to make sure things calm down to the point where we won't have to consider jumping back in. I hear the mods/administration are making new rules and taking a look at things, but they did it far too late and the trolls are still there when they should've been locked out.

Stay here and post with us instead, we are a group of adults that get along with one another even if we don't agree with each other we still get along. The Admin. of the Forum is the best around and the moderators are good too Smile There are no trolls here in this forum.

Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon May 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Hyacinth Girl wrote:I just quit an addiction less than 2 weeks ago--posting in the forum I was a member of before this one. I'd still be there adding to my over 6,000 post count, but there's about 5 people there who are mega-trolls, and the mods did nothing to stop the personal attacks in the way of banning these idiots, and in fact, one of the trolls was a Moderator himself. . . .soooooo, after a huge flame war, I and another longtime member ducked out and let them think they've won.

Stay here and post with us instead, we are a group of adults that get along with one another even if we don't agree with each other we still get along. The Admin. of the Forum is the best around and the moderators are good too Smile There are no trolls here in this forum.

Thanks--I think I will! Someone from here, but I don't know who, must've been lurking in the forum I was in, because back in December, I'd gotten a PM invite to come here but never did until now. I'm working on trying to get a few of the good eggs over at the other place, to jump ship and come here, too! The trolls will eventually hang themselves regardless of whether the mods turn a blind eye/deaf ear or not.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon May 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

co-signs

No trolls here Hyacinth Girl. We're all a bunch of cool, calm and collected adults who enjoy discourse. At times it may get tense over certain subjects, but that's largely because people are passionate about them. However, I'm proud to say that no one here is here for the sake of being an instigator and a flame baiter. And in the meantime, we're thrilled to have you here as another addition to our Chamber group! big hugz
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon May 23, 2011 3:42 pm

^^Thanks, Chris--glad to be here! Sometimes you have to give up one addiction to start another--this place! LOL This forum seems pretty tame and calm after 5 years spent where I come from and it'll be a nice change after the events of the past month that solidified my decision to leave--it got downright demonic in the attacks, and my guess is that the owner of the webpage, who is a famous rock star, bailed long ago, himself, and left it to the dogs when he moved on in his professional projects, because he never posts anymore either.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

Thanks--I think I will! Someone from here, but I don't know who, must've been lurking in the forum I was in, because back in December, I'd gotten a PM invite to come here but never did until now. I'm working on trying to get a few of the good eggs over at the other place, to jump ship and come here, too! The trolls will eventually hang themselves regardless of whether the mods turn a blind eye/deaf ear or not.

Cool, we are really happy to have you here and I am sure that your friends will like it here too!!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon May 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Smoking. I was good for years then relapsed about a year or two ago. But I dropped it again fairly easily after a couple months.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Ummmmmmmm.............................................................................nope.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 23, 2011 9:21 pm

I've never been addicted to anything. I have a bad habit of picking my cuticles but I've cut way down on that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:57 am