At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?

Go down 
+4
Marc™
Supernova
CeCe
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? Empty
PostSubject: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:26 am

Do you think that there is a point where people need to 'get over' their scorn, resentment, or bad feelings/memories of the past?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:41 am

It depends on the reason. People hold onto grudges over silly things they should just get over sometimes, or even things they shouldn't have had a grudge about in the first place. But if it's serious that doesn't mean they should just just forgive & forget as if nothing happened. But they do need to let go of the anger & control the situation is holding on them at some point. You can let go of that without welcoming the person back into your life.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:47 am

I wonder, Bessie Delany lived to be 105 and was still mad about the things she had to endure some 90 years prior when Jim Crow came into effect, and I think with reason, I think there are some things that no matter how long you live, you'll never get over.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:56 am

Some grudges are too internally ingrained to get over.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:58 am

I think that some things are just going to stick with us and that's just the way it's going to be. One thing, though, is that while one may hold a grudge for years, one needs to know that others don't want to hear about it the whole time.

If a grudge is to be held forever, or for years, the offended needs to stew in silence.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:58 pm

For the most part, I do....but like everybody else said, it depends on what it is. I can't really think of anything that I would hold a lifetime grudge over, short of you doing something horrible to someone I know and love.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:25 pm

I think the ideal time to end a grudge is when the person who wronged you has died, that way you get the last word in indefinitely.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Depends on what it's over. Some grudges can last a lifetime but there are others that people really need to get over, though I suppose grudge is the worng word for what I'm thinking of in terms of them lasting a lifetime. I can see people continuing to hold a grudge over something really serious of the person they're holding a grudge against is flippant about it and has never acknowledges the wrong.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:53 pm

co-signs all those who said it depends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?   At what point is holding onto a grudge silly? Empty

Back to top Go down

At what point is holding onto a grudge silly?
Page 1 of 1