CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
RedBedroom
MandyPerfumeGirl
Marc™
captainbryce
Supernova
Tony Marino
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
Hyacinth Girl
Shale
CeCe
Chris
16 posters

End of the world rescheduled

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

End of the world rescheduled Empty End of the world rescheduled

Post by Chris Tue May 24, 2011 8:24 am

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/apocalypse_pushed_back_to_oct_21_preacher_says/63b9cc78

Apocalypse pushed back to Oct. 21, preacher says
    23/05/2011 9:56:48 PM

CTV.ca News Staff
    A Christian radio host who predicted the apocalypse would come last Saturday, now says he made a mistake and it will occur on October 21.

California preacher Harold Camping said the Rapture will come five months to the day after May 21, his original prophecy.

The 89-year-old said he felt so bad his prediction didn't come true on Saturday, he sought refuge in a motel with his wife.

Camping made the statement to the press at the Oakland headquarters of his media empire, Family Radio International.

He also predicted the apocalypse would happen in 1994, but blamed the world's survival then on a mathematical error.

Camping had stated there was no way the Rapture would not start on Saturday at 6.p.m, and told the San Francisco Chronicle he was "flabbergasted" his doomsday prophecy didn't come about.

Camping preached some 200 million Christians would be saved and those left behind would die in a series of plagues until Earth was destroyed in a fireball on Oct. 21.

While his latest prediction was mostly met with online ridicule, some believers took it quite seriously. One man in New York spent his life savings on advertisements warning of the coming doom.

Camping's media empire has assets of more than $100 million and had $18 million in donations in 2009.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

End of the world rescheduled Empty Re: End of the world rescheduled

Post by CeCe Tue May 24, 2011 8:30 am

This guy just refuses to give up ROFLMAO!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 24, 2011 8:42 am

Why can't he just admit that he's a fucked up old kook?

It's not the fucked up old kook's fault actually, it is all those other kooks who believe in his repeated shit.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."

Fool me a hundred times, then I'm an out-and-out IDIOT!
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue May 24, 2011 9:57 am

The end of the world will happen whenever God's good and ready for it to happen, but I'd sure like to own the body-shop that gets to repaint all these vehicles--cha-ching! $$$$$$

End of the world rescheduled Endofworld

End of the world rescheduled Endofworld2

End of the world rescheduled Endofworld3

End of the world rescheduled Endofworld4

End of the world rescheduled Endofworld5

End of the world rescheduled Endofworld6

End of the world rescheduled Endofworld8
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 9:59 am

What part of "No man knows the day or the hour" does this guy not understand? FORGIVENESS MAN
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue May 24, 2011 9:59 am

This man needs to be stuffed in a concrete tube and thrown in the ocean.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 10:01 am

I think this guy and Al Gore need to be roomies in a home where they can get some help. FORGIVENESS MAN
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 24, 2011 10:03 am

If people would ignore him he will go away.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 24, 2011 10:27 am

Tony Marino wrote:If people would ignore him he will go away.

Exactly! I wondered from the start how the hell he got so much attention, WHY the hell would the news stations broadcast this guy?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 am

He only got this attention recently. lol
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:He only got this attention recently. lol

Well it must not have been too recently because why would you make up predicting the end of the world in 1994 and being wrong? People, some anyway, had to be paying attention attention to him then.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue May 24, 2011 11:08 am

Chris wrote:A Christian radio host who predicted the apocalypse would come last Saturday, now says he made a mistake and it will occur on October 21.

California preacher Harold Camping said the Rapture will come five months to the day after May 21, his original prophecy.

He also predicted the apocalypse would happen in 1994, but blamed the world's survival then on a mathematical error.

Camping had stated there was no way the Rapture would not start on Saturday at 6.p.m, and told the San Francisco Chronicle he was "flabbergasted" his doomsday prophecy didn't come about.

Camping preached some 200 million Christians would be saved and those left behind would die in a series of plagues until Earth was destroyed in a fireball on Oct. 21.

More proof that a large percentage of so-called Christians are more ignorant about their own religious texts than the non-religious, educated folks out there. Clearly, none of them actually read the part in the bible where it says:

"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." Matthew 24:36; Mark 13:32

If Jesus didn't know when the end of the world was gonna happen, why does some preacher think that he does? And why in the hell are a bunch of nut job "Christians" following him? The guy is obviously crazy!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue May 24, 2011 11:09 am

That's good, these tickets won't go to waste.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 11:22 am

captainbryce wrote:More proof that a large percentage of so-called Christians are more ignorant about their own religious texts than the non-religious, educated folks out there. Clearly, none of them actually read the part in the bible where it says:

"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." Matthew 24:36; Mark 13:32

Well, aside from the part about non-religious folks being educated, I agree for once. Razz Of course, most Christians still saw this guy for the false prophet that he is. Still, others fall into similar traps. Not me of course. Razz
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue May 24, 2011 11:30 am

I'm not going to listen to this stupid old man. Why would anyone? He can't seem to get his dates right. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Nobody knows when the world will end until we're smashed under two tons of concrete. Plus, this guy will be dead before the world ends anyway.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 24, 2011 11:34 am

Rescheduled? Laughable. I hope people stop donating money.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue May 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    captainbryce wrote:More proof that a large percentage of so-called Christians are more ignorant about their own religious texts than the non-religious, educated folks out there. Clearly, none of them actually read the part in the bible where it says:

Well, aside from the part about non-religious folks being educated, I agree for once. Razz Of course, most Christians still saw this guy for the false prophet that he is. Still, others fall into similar traps. Not me of course. Razz

And that's exactly why as a Christian myself, I don't affiliate myself with any church and/or religious denomination--I've learned quite a bit from being a Lone Ranger in my own walk with God, Scripture interpretation and being able to sniff out Doctrinal error, being some of it. Sometimes going it solo opens your eyes to a lot more than you can get by sitting in a church building every Sunday.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue May 24, 2011 12:33 pm

October 21st, so this guy is predicting the world will catch on fire the day before my birthday...somehow I think I'll be chugging down champagne (a better brand than Andres next time), eating cake and laughing at his sorry ass come the day after.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:And that's exactly why as a Christian myself, I don't affiliate myself with any church and/or religious denomination--I've learned quite a bit from being a Lone Ranger in my own walk with God, Scripture interpretation and being able to sniff out Doctrinal error, being some of it. Sometimes going it solo opens your eyes to a lot more than you can get by sitting in a church building every Sunday.

Well, I kind of take a different approach. IMO, it's people interpreting things on their own that leads people like Harold Camping to the conclusions they reach.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue May 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    Hyacinth Girl wrote:And that's exactly why as a Christian myself, I don't affiliate myself with any church and/or religious denomination--I've learned quite a bit from being a Lone Ranger in my own walk with God, Scripture interpretation and being able to sniff out Doctrinal error, being some of it. Sometimes going it solo opens your eyes to a lot more than you can get by sitting in a church building every Sunday.

Well, I kind of take a different approach. IMO, it's people interpreting things on their own that leads people like Harold Camping to the conclusions they reach.

I guess for more clarifcation, I should say that just because I'm a loner in faith, doesn't mean that I shun the company of other believers--I just don't go sit in church with them. I also follow along with a few online ministries which I feel are sound and of good teaching. So I do have others' input as to interpretation aspects, but I find the best approach to Scripture is to just take it for what it says--if the Matthew passage says that no one but God knows when the end will happen, then that's that--cut and dried, done. It's when people like Camping try to read into it and make it say what they want it to say, is when you start getting into trouble.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 24, 2011 1:46 pm

October 21? Damn...I already made plans!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue May 24, 2011 3:04 pm

alan smithee wrote:October 21? Damn...I already made plans!

I'm just glad it was postponed until after The Hangover Part II comes out. I would have been really upset if the zombie apocalypse had interfered with that. End of the world rescheduled Zombie End of the world rescheduled Th_smiley_emoticons_zombie02
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue May 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Oooooh October 21…that's a Friday. No good for me. Now I'm totally free for a bogus exodus on Tuesday, the 25th…say about 6ish. Everyone check their schedule.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I guess for more clarifcation, I should say that just because I'm a loner in faith, doesn't mean that I shun the company of other believers--I just don't go sit in church with them. I also follow along with a few online ministries which I feel are sound and of good teaching. So I do have others' input as to interpretation aspects, but I find the best approach to Scripture is to just take it for what it says--if the Matthew passage says that no one but God knows when the end will happen, then that's that--cut and dried, done. It's when people like Camping try to read into it and make it say what they want it to say, is when you start getting into trouble.

I never said you did. I understood where you were coming from. It's a common belief among modern-day Christians. It's merely one I happen to not really agree with.

I agree with your assessment of taking Scripture at it's word and not reading what you want into it. But I think personal interpretation will ultimately lead to just that at some point or another. Granted, many people can probably see the errors of Camping on their own interpretation. However, I do feel that if every person were able to correctly interpret Scripture, we wouldn't have so many different people coming to so many different conclusions about different issues. And it seems like people always see the Bible as backing up the things they want physically to be permitted to do. So I have my own reasons why I feel personal interpretation isn't necessarily the answer to Harold Camping. Of course, that's a whole separate issue. But I did understand your point though.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 24, 2011 10:12 pm

I'll wait for it......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content