CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
6 posters

Would you ever own a time share vacation home/condo?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Would you ever own a time share vacation home/condo?  Empty Would you ever own a time share vacation home/condo?

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 26, 2011 9:43 pm

I saw a report on how many people can no longer afford the annual fees associated with their time shares, so they are selling for next to nothing.

Would you ever get involved with a time share?

Personally, I would not. It seems like too large a commitment should bad times hit. I have always thought that. Now that seems to be the case for so many.

Kinda/sorta similar, I know people who own semi-local cabins with other people. That can turn sour. One family I know very well that does this is finding out that things change over the years. They all bought in as young men in their 20's. Now they are all in their late 30's, early 40's, and so this cabin is now home to families on the weekends. So, personalities clash. Not fun to me.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Would you ever own a time share vacation home/condo?  Empty Re: Would you ever own a time share vacation home/condo?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 26, 2011 10:21 pm

I know a couple of folks with timeshares. Eh, if you really enjoy the place you have a timeshare in and you see yourself coming back constantly, I can see it being an investment. Personally, I like to travel to different places and I wouldn't keep going back to one place that I've already been without seeing others first. So I wouldn't do it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Would you ever own a time share vacation home/condo?  Empty Re: Would you ever own a time share vacation home/condo?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 12:27 am

I don't know. There are pros and cons, I guess, and it depends on where and if I have the money. My parents rent a place at a reason for 1 month each year. It works out great for us as we don't have the strata fees and whatnot. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a time share, but I don't have the money or time to really make use of it. I think I'd be more inclined to buy a place of my own and rent it out in the months I don't use it, but then there's the problem of having to carry the rent that month if you can't rent it out.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri May 27, 2011 1:58 am

I don't know....I'm not much for sharing. I can see that becoming a problem too, as far as upkeep and time management.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri May 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Depending on: location, how the property looks, who else is involved, and how much it's going for, I would.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Timeshares no and no to buying something with someone else just because of the reasons you said!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:27 pm