CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Tony Marino
Supernova
Chris
7 posters

Should therapy be regularly encouraged?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  Empty Should therapy be regularly encouraged?

Post by Chris Tue May 31, 2011 6:43 am

Is therapy, in your opinion, generally a good recommendation for people who're even slightly angst-ridden, or do you think it's over recommended? Do you (personally) put much stock into speaking to counselors?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  Empty Re: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?

Post by Supernova Tue May 31, 2011 11:35 am

I think it's overrecommended, I would be very interested to know if it wasn't costing people $200 an hour, how often WOULD it be encouraged? And by whom? If the services were free, would therapists be only too happy to have a lot of patients?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  Empty Re: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 31, 2011 11:45 am

For some people yes.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue May 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Chris wrote:Is therapy, in your opinion, generally a good recommendation for people who're even slightly angst-ridden, or do you think it's over recommended? Do you (personally) put much stock into speaking to counselors?

Yes, some people really do need therapy, and if they go in with an open mind, they can take away something from it that hopefully will give them some peace. Do I think it's over-recommended? No, I don't think so - and if people think they're recommended for a service they don't really need/want, then they don't have to go; nobody's putting a gun to their head.

As for putting much stock into counselors, for me personally, I don't. I've seen many social workers and counselors over the last ten years or so for various issues and in my experiences they've tried to make my feelings and perceptions feel invalid, so I've pretty much given up on those people and decided to wrestle with my own issues myself. I'm all for it, though, if other people do it and get something out of it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

I think it is really great for people who find a professional they are willing to talk to and be open with and have that safe feeling to do so.

I think just about anyone can benefit from it, so I don't think it is recommended too much.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 31, 2011 6:56 pm

For some folks. Massage therapy should definitely be encouraged.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 31, 2011 6:59 pm

Chris wrote:Is therapy, in your opinion, generally a good recommendation for people who're even slightly angst-ridden, or do you think it's over recommended? Do you (personally) put much stock into speaking to counselors?

No
    Sometimes
    No

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:51 am