Annoying Alphabet Soup Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annoying Alphabet Soup

Go down 
+9
AtownPeep
Cheaps
Shale
Chris
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Nhaiyel
Nystyle709
femme fatale
13 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Annoying Alphabet Soup Empty
PostSubject: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:57 am

Pet peeve alert

Why do people do this? I notice this doesn't happen too much around here but another board I visit is bad about it. I don't want to read a message that is loaded with acronyms please. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Usual suspects:

WRT
OTH
QFT
IAC
IMHO
FWIW
STFU
AFAIK

There are some which may be excusable though:

BTW
FYI
LOL
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:58 am

I know it usually takes me a minute to decipher what they're talking about. And I have no idea what most of those you just posted mean. I'm not big on text talk. So yeah, it's annoying.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 am

I normally don't mind, but I only use a select few of those chat words…and only when I'm talking to friends. Of course, when I'm carrying on a text exchange that is serious, I don't use it at all; it just seems inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:10 am

LOL (on the safe list), I've had to go on line and look up what some of you here meant by ITA and IDK. Besides STFU and IMHO (on the naughty list), IDK what the others mean. That's why I have this bookmarked
http://www.gaarde.org/Acronyms/?lookup=W
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:07 am

If I can't decipher it then its not worth reading.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 am

I agree that some of those chatroom acronyms are annoying. Some of those I don't know, and am not at all interested in learning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:51 am

alan smithee wrote:
LOL (on the safe list), I've had to go on line and look up what some of you here meant by ITA and IDK. Besides STFU and IMHO (on the naughty list), IDK what the others mean. ...
co-signs
BTW, those are about the limit of what I know or use.

However, I wish ppl would be a standard spelling. Actually makes more sense than 'people'
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Shale wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
LOL (on the safe list), I've had to go on line and look up what some of you here meant by ITA and IDK. Besides STFU and IMHO (on the naughty list), IDK what the others mean. ...
co-signs
BTW, those are about the limit of what I know or use.

However, I wish ppl would be a standard spelling. Actually makes more sense than 'people'

Archaic rules of our language. Like "i" before "e" except after "c". Weird.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:10 pm

Chris wrote:
Some of those I don't know, and am not at all interested in learning.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:53 pm

It does get annoying when you have to google search somebody's acronym. I agree that "LOL" (and it's overweight sisters "LMAO"..."ROFLMAO"), "BTW", "IMO" and "STFU" are basic enough to tolerate.

But all that FWIW, AFAIC, YMNABIIT, etc is tacky and makes me not wanna take the post writer seriously.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:37 pm

I don't mind the ones I know, but I don't know many, so I just breeze over them and wouldn't bother myself with looking them up.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:53 pm

AtownPeep wrote:
It does get annoying when you have to google search somebody's acronym. I agree that "LOL" (and it's overweight sisters "LMAO"..."ROFLMAO"), "BTW", "IMO" and "STFU" are basic enough to tolerate.

But all that FWIW, AFAIC, YMNABIIT, etc is tacky and makes me not wanna take the post writer seriously.

What's that?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Marc™ wrote:
AtownPeep wrote:

What's that?

Wondering that too. Guessing it's something like..you might not agree but I...something..something..
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:25 pm

I wasn't able to decipher most of those you posted, Femme! I wish people would just spell out things appropriately instead of all this other stuff. That's what they went to school for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Alphabet Soup   Annoying Alphabet Soup Empty

Back to top Go down

Annoying Alphabet Soup
Page 1 of 1