CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+49
Wadsworth
gingersnaps
riccknight
Rainmaker
TenderHeart81
wants2laugh
femme fatale
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
sobia
Friendly Veteran
Vampire Mum
rienpoet
Kral
Marcholm85
CatEyes10736
DanaShelbyChancey
TPP
GrayWolf
tmontyb
mloliver72
Cheaps
alter_native
TSJFan4Ever
Shale
CeCe
DarkOblivion
jade80
Alan Smithee
RiteDiva
SuSu-Coklat
MandyPerfumeGirl
Supernova
pisces33
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
RedBedroom
RobbieFTW
Nhaiyel
SecHandNews
binky04
Impact
JDsmagik
mindfuck
Tony Marino
Jason B.
AtownPeep
JM130ELM
Nystyle709
Chris
53 posters

What's the last movie you watched?

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Attention Re: What's the last movie you watched?

Post by Cheaps Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:27 am

Faces in the Crowd.

Weird movie.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Dead Man Down
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    March 9, 2013

This weekend's movie choices were between Oz The Great and Powerful, which only got one star from the local critics and Dead Man Down, which didn't screen in advance for critics - not a good sign. So it came down to a choice between watching James Franco or Colin Farrell for a couple of hours and I guess Colin was the most appealing to me.

I checked online and the aggregate reviews on Rottentomatoes were only 39% in favor of this movie and only 52% of audiences liked it. I actually liked the movie, but when reading the criticisms have to agree I should not have liked it (Damn Colin is so pleasing to look at). Their synopsis critique: "While the fine cast keeps Dead Man Down watchable throughout, the film is weighted down by absurd plot twists and a slack pace."

When you think about it, the whole premise is lame. It is not only suspension of disbelief for all the action stuff that goes down but the motivation for it is not credible.

The story is one of revenge and opens when there is a mob killing of a gang member of crime boss Alphonse Hoyt (Terrence Howard). Victor (Colin Farrell) is one of his soldiers who actually saves Alphonse's life in a shootout with other gangsters.

Victor is approached by his neighbor Beatrice (Noomi Rapace) from another wing of his apartment building. She has a scarred left side of her face from an auto accident caused by a drunk driver who got off as they too often do. Beatrice is not hitting on Victor. She has recorded him killing a man in his apartment and says his secret is safe if he will kill the drunk driver for her.

Beatrice is crazy obsessed with this and dares Victor to either kill her or kill the drunk. He reluctantly takes on this side job in the midst of seeking his own vengeance on certain gangsters who killed his family. So you can see that these two vengeful ppl will become a team.

Even with all the faults of logic and common sense, I found the movie engaging.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7583838#post7583838

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:56 am

21 Jumpstreet

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:40 am