CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Hyacinth Girl
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
femme fatale
Jason B.
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Supernova
stonestatic
12 posters

OJ confesses to killing his ex-wife

stonestatic
    stonestatic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 24

OJ confesses to killing his ex-wife Empty OJ confesses to killing his ex-wife

Post by stonestatic Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:10 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2006908/OJ-Simpson-confessed-Nicole-Brown-murder-Oprah-TV-interview-planned.html#ixzz1Q2gXln6y

"He told the producer: 'Tell Oprah that yes, I did it. I killed Nicole, but it was in self-defense. She pulled a knife on me and I had to defend myself',"
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

OJ confesses to killing his ex-wife Empty Re: OJ confesses to killing his ex-wife

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:28 pm

If this is true, WHY didn't he say this originally 15-16 years ago when it happened? Hmmmmm? He goes to all this trouble to prove 'it wasn't him', but now he says yes it was but he had a reason for it. And since he's confessed, can't he be retried for her murder since a confession would qualify as new evidence?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

OJ confesses to killing his ex-wife Empty Re: OJ confesses to killing his ex-wife

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Supernova wrote:If this is true, WHY didn't he say this originally 15-16 years ago when it happened? Hmmmmm? He goes to all this trouble to prove 'it wasn't him', but now he says yes it was but he had a reason for it. And since he's confessed, can't he be retried for her murder since a confession would qualify as new evidence?

LOL. No dear. You cannot be tried for the same crime twice. You know that.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Supernova wrote:If this is true, WHY didn't he say this originally 15-16 years ago when it happened? Hmmmmm? He goes to all this trouble to prove 'it wasn't him', but now he says yes it was but he had a reason for it. And since he's confessed, can't he be retried for her murder since a confession would qualify as new evidence?

Under the law of double jeopardy, a second trial is forbidden following an acquittal.

---this was from the article
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Who cares if he 'confesses'?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 pm

^^ u beat me to it ny! Smile
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 pm

All sounds sketchy to me. I don't think he confessed, but even if he did they can't touch him for THAT (the law had their chance to prosecute him and they failed)...but would sure shooting come after him for every failure to yield or tag removal from a mattress, and would do nothing to help if OJ started receiving death threats. They can't try him for that again, but will find a way to punish him regardless.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:11 pm

What about perjury then? His whole defense in the trial was 'I didn't do it', when in fact it WAS him so he lied to the police, the lawyers, the judge, the entire court and if now he's confessing to it, anybody who was involved in that trial who's still alive is most likely going to be going shake sense n2u soap box

But then the question still remains if he DID confess now, why couldn't he be bothered to tell the truth originally, if it WAS self defense? OR, why didn't he come out of court when he was acquitted and tell everybody then that he really did it BUT she had a knife on him?
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:06 am

Like we didn't already know that, but apparently its fake. So on to the next one, on to the next one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/23/oprah-oj-simpson-confessi_n_883066.html

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 am

Yeah, I was thinking if he HAD admitted to that, it would be all over the computer, big red bars on top with BREAKING NEWS, the faulty report that he was beaten up in prison actually made it to the front page of MSN.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:47 am

Maybe that's what will happen on the Rapture rainday. October 21, is it?

Because I'm sure the world would sooner implode.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:11 am

Doesn't change the fact that OJ's still a loser, regardless.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:22 am

ITA with Hyacinth Girl.! My first thought was that it was a publicity stunt because he needs to be in the limelight.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:30 am

Why would Oprah want to be in the same room with this scumbag? He makes my skin crawl.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:07 am

Supernova wrote:Yeah, I was thinking if he HAD admitted to that, it would be all over the computer, big red bars on top with BREAKING NEWS, the faulty report that he was beaten up in prison actually made it to the front page of MSN.

True. If OJ made this kind of an admission, it would replace the Wiener story in the media and be everywhere. OJ is saving Ron and Nicole for his deathbed confession.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:58 pm

stonestatic wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2006908/OJ-Simpson-confessed-Nicole-Brown-murder-Oprah-TV-interview-planned.html#ixzz1Q2gXln6y

"He told the producer: 'Tell Oprah that yes, I did it. I killed Nicole, but it was in self-defense. She pulled a knife on me and I had to defend myself',"

FYI
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/06/oprah-has-not-heard-oj-simpsons-confession/1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:01 am