CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CeCe
Forgiveness Man
Chris
7 posters

Should young(er) people be allowed to run for congress and the presidency?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should young(er) people be allowed to run for congress and the presidency? Empty Should young(er) people be allowed to run for congress and the presidency?

Post by Chris Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:29 am

The U.S. Constitution sets strict age requirements for election into federal office -- twenty-five for the House, thirty for the Senate, and thirty-five for the presidency. Do you agree with these age stipulations/restrictions?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Should young(er) people be allowed to run for congress and the presidency? Empty Re: Should young(er) people be allowed to run for congress and the presidency?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:36 am

Yes I agree with the restrictions. lol While I am sure that many younger people would be much more mature than the folks we let in, the good younger people could still benefit from more life experience before being ready to serve in public office.

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Should young(er) people be allowed to run for congress and the presidency? Empty Re: Should young(er) people be allowed to run for congress and the presidency?

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:38 am

Those are fine to me.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 am

It's worked this long - not a major issue. We can also see the correlation of the House of Reps being the House of Commons and the Senate being the House of Lords with differing requirements.

Remember just a couple years ago when some idiots wanted to change the "native born" requirement for president so the then popular Austrian Governator would be able to run? See why we should really reflect on some constitutional changes?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 am

Shale wrote:

Remember just a couple years ago when some idiots wanted to change the "native born" requirement for president so the then popular Austrian Governator would be able to run? See why we should really reflect on some constitutional changes?

Seriously. Can you imagine? embarassed
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm

I don't want a 20-something president. I think the restrictions are fine the way they are.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Marc™️ wrote:I don't want a 20-something president. I think the restrictions are fine the way they are.
    co-signs Considering the life expectancy at the time the Constitution was written, 35 was middle aged.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Yeah, what everybody else said. Leave them alone. It's not like 35 is old anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:31 am