Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check

Go down 
+4
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check Empty
PostSubject: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:08 am

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/man-loses-his-job-after-chase-bank-h

Quote :
July 07, 2011 01:00 PM
By David Neiwert

Quote :
Ikenna [Njoku], a 28-year old construction worker, went to deposit a $8,463.21 Chase cashier's check at his local Chase branch, only for the teller to decide that neither he nor his check looked right and he got tossed in jail for forgery, KING5 reports. The next day, a Friday, the bank realized its mistake and left a message with the detective. But it was her day off, so he spent the entire weekend in jail.

By the time he got out, he had been fired from his job for not showing up to work. His car had been towed as well. It ended up getting sold off at auction because he couldn't afford to get it out of the pound. He had been relying on that cashier's check for his money but it was taken as evidence and by the time he got it back it was auctioned off.

All this while the cashier's check had been issued by the very bank he was trying to cash it at.

Chase didn't even apologize, not even after a year. A lawyer volunteered to help write a strongly-worded letter requesting damages. After trying hard to get a response, they sent KING 5 a two-sentence reply: "We received the letter and are reviewing the situation. We'll be reaching out to the customer."

I dunno about you, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if he had been another color, none of this would have happened. Auburn is not a lily-white suburb by any means, but the man's description of her questions raises all kinds of red flags.

Meanwhile, I just love being at the mercy of the people who run the financial-services sector, don't you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:18 am

..."after a year"? ..."a strongly worded letter"? What lawyer wouldn't be chomping at the bit to get these assholes (with very deep pockets) into court? From his name it would seem his an immigrant and not savvy to the ways of our American legal system. I hope he doesn't eventually accept some pittance of a bone they may finally decide to throw him. It also sounds like he has a case of false arrest against the police.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:27 am

I'm only surprised it wasn't Bank of America.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 am

Don't like the implications that race had anything to do with corporate corruption.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:00 pm

This brotha should own Chase Bank after this.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Incompetence?

At an American bank?

...you don't say.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:59 pm

That's fucked up. And I bank with Chase. I've heard of bad customer service from them, but personally didn't get the brunt of it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Marc™ wrote:
This brotha should own Chase Bank after this.

Seriously. I know I damn sure would.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:54 am

Good thing I don't have an account with Chase bank or I'd be cancelling it and telling them I had no interest in a bank like theirs. I hope the media gets ahold of this and really goes after the bank!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:28 am

My sister-in-law works for Chase in Illinois. I haven't had the chance to bust her chops about this.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check   Man loses his job after Chase bank has him arrested for cashing their own check Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1