Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?

Go down 
+6
Alan Smithee
TSJFan4Ever
Jason B.
RedBedroom
Supernova
Marc™
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? Empty
PostSubject: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:35 am

It's funny that Jason B. started threads about parenting, because I was gonna post something similar....

If you had a parent that was less than good....did your other parent ever talk frankly to you about their bullshit and/or "issues" in a way to shed light or to steer you from going down the path they did? You know what I mean, one of those real, "no bullshit" conversations where they candidly describe and reiterate the others personality....the relationship they had with their parents, how they were as a spouse, how they were as a parent....etc., etc. The good, the bad and the ugly.

I had a talk like that with my mother today, where she frustratedly went in on my father...why their marriage failed, what he did/didn't do as a husband and father, where he is in life now, what quirks of mine remind her of his, why she has no desire to talk to him now, and her imploring me to be better than his example.

It was deep. She pulled no punches.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 am

I don't know, it's been a common topic between my mother and I for so long...it took her a lot of years to finally admit that he's a bastard even though she loves going back to 'he's better than most'. Maybe so but you don't applaud somebody for getting a C just because it wasn't an F because you could've gotten a B or an A.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:49 am

Wow Marc, that is deep.

I never had such an experience though even when I was young, Mom never hid from me Dad's affairs. Reflecting back, I don't know if I was better or worse off for knowing it all so young. I do think that even though I was way too young to be privy to such shit, it was a good thing because Dad's long time girlfriend died during their affair, and Dad grieved her. And had I not known what an affair was, I maybe would have been weirded out by why he was so upset.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:03 am

Sadly no. My parents are still together so that may be a reason why. My father has many good qualities and is in no way a monster, but some of his imperfections are obvious and upsetting. My parents are just very old school in that regard, father the head of the household, mother being the homemaker and nurturer who plays down or rationalizes any of dads ill temperament. She's not likely to have a straight talk rap session about the way things shouldn't have happened or should have been better (at least not where he's concerned).
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:21 am

My parents are actually both pretty great people. Never had one of those longs talks with either of them and there never really was a need to. We've had serious talks about other stuff, but never about one parent or the other.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:31 am

My parents never should have gotten married. Teenage pregnancy. They divorced when I was 13-14. There was a lot of acrimony over money. My brother and I have a much better relationship the our father than mother (her choice). My father told me once that one of the financial agreements they had was she was to give us a share of the proceeds from the sale of the house we stayed in after he left. That never happened but even when he told me about this after the fact years ago, I just shrugged. That isn't why we don't see her anymore or why she's never met either of her grandchildren.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:57 am

Yep. Now, since I was a pretty much a daddy's girl growing up, I have to admit it took me some time to get what my mother was saying about my father. I used to think she was exaggerating but she told me I would see for myself eventually and damn if she wasn't right. The thing about it is, what both of them said about each other was actually true. It wasn't like one was trying to pit one against each other or making up shit. My dad said he would never try to turn me away from my mother and vice versa. On the flipside though, he was a bit more open with info than my mother was. Like for example, I never knew my mother had an abortion before she had me. She told me she had a miscarriage.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:14 pm

I was about five of six when my folks got divorced.

When I was in my tweens or teens mom told me the story of their final straw. He was fucking (not mom's word) the woman in an upstairs apt and she found out about it. She went after him with a knife but he disarmed her.

My dad would never deny it. He was a natural philanderer. I think his second wife caught him also and she took him for everything they had.

Once when I was an adult my mom said a little thing in passing about my dad liking women or men. She never elaborated on it (she is of that secretive gen that Kinsey busted in the late '40s). So, my dad was likely bi but on the downlow. Which may explain why he so matter-of-factly accepted my 'roommate' Jim.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Kind of, sort of. My parents (mom mostly) have both casually vented their frustrations in each other with my sisters and I; but it's usually more of a petty complaining/'you know how he/she gets' than an outright testify and preach session like Marc is probably talking about what his mom did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:02 pm

My mama never sugarcoated anything, so sometimes she kept it real when need be.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:04 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
My parents never should have gotten married. Teenage pregnancy. They divorced when I was 13-14. There was a lot of acrimony over money. My brother and I have a much better relationship the our father than mother (her choice). My father told me once that one of the financial agreements they had was she was to give us a share of the proceeds from the sale of the house we stayed in after he left. That never happened but even when he told me about this after the fact years ago, I just shrugged. That isn't why we don't see her anymore or why she's never met either of her grandchildren.

Alan, so your daughter never met her grandmother? I just ask because I know your daughter is a young adult. My son won't see his paternal grandmother either anymore, after she screwed my son's dad over for a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?   Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has One of Your Parents Ever Had a "Real Talk" Conversation With You About The Other?
Page 1 of 1