CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Vanguard on Current TV

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Vanguard on Current TV Empty Vanguard on Current TV

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:41 pm

The only thing I knew about the channel CURRENT TV was that Al Gore started it as an environmental/documentary channel. Recently I started watching a show on it called Vanguard which is really good. It is raw investigative journalism that shows various topics including the affects of guns on society, gangs in prison, the lack of toilets in developing countries (they actually showed how people deficate in public in rivers and on walkways in their towns/villages), and a good episode on the exploitation of cigarette companies in these same countries.

Cigarettes are sold to grammar school children individual just like penny candy. There are no age restrictions there, therefore cigarette companies market to young children. It was disgusting to see 7yr olds smoking LEGALLY. The toilet episode showed that 1000 children died everyday in India due to disintery and other diseases related to drinking water being infested with raw sewage.

Has anyone seen this? What are your favorite topics? What did you learn?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Vanguard on Current TV Empty Re: Vanguard on Current TV

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:21 am

I've never heard of the channel. I don't know if we get it.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:57 pm