Netflix Price Change Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Netflix Price Change

Go down 
+4
CeCe
Nystyle709
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
JWF
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

Netflix Price Change Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:38 pm

This might be a good opportunity to see how many of us use Netflix and their type of plan

The new pricing for me (per e-mail) will be $23.89. That includes unlimited streaming (on-line) and 3 mail in DVD's.

For those that use streaming I wonder what devise you use. And how you feel about the price change. Since I watch lots of films I feel what I receive from Netflix is worthy. I see many films in the theater and use Netflix for a second viewing and sub-titles.

Thanks for your input

Jack
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:08 pm

We have streaming + 1 DVD, which will cancelled come August 31st.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm cancelling Netflix in September.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm definitely keeping the streaming. Haven't made my mind up on the DVD part yet. Not sure if I'd be better off to keep it or just go with the movies on demand that you pay per view from the cable company. 2 movies a month would equal the Netflix charges & they have the newer ones 28 days before Netflix. But Netflix has the older ones. So I don't know just yet. I understand an increase, just not at 60% in one swoop.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

I read somewhere they're not doing pro rated discounts so make sure you cancel before they hit your account for September.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:11 pm

I had the 1 dvd at a time plus all the streaming desired. I HATE watching movies online, it was my husband who wanted that option ~ and never once used it. So I cancelled the streaming, which is actually cheaper for me now.

Honestly, I want Hollywood Video back.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:20 am

Wow, I am surprised that with Red Box, they are doing such a dramatic increase. I never had Netflix, and won't given the raise in cost.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:47 am

This is of no difference to me because we never used it in the first place. Though renting movies is a bit harder now with the only rental store closed and out of business, but there's always the library, and if you're not looking for the latest releases for everything, there's a wide variety to search for.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:30 am

CeCe wrote:
Nystyle709 wrote:

I read somewhere they're not doing pro rated discounts so make sure you cancel before they hit your account for September.

I might keep the streaming option since it's $2 less than what I'm paying now per month, but I've already stated the problems I had with that. They tend to not stream certain titles that I'm interested it. This rate jump all of a sudden is just ridiculous. I'ma start using those $1 rentals at the grocery store.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:40 am

RedBedroom wrote:
Wow, I am surprised that with Red Box, they are doing such a dramatic increase. I never had Netflix, and won't given the raise in cost.

I agree. I don't rent movies but if I did, I'd probably hit up a Red Box from around the corner now. It'd certainly be much more affordable.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:44 am

I'm just going back to torrenting everything.

It's not Netflix really. The problems come from the movie studios who are undoubtedly greedy. And now that they've fucked with their consumers yet AGAIN, I'm going to go back to torrenting/bootlegging as much as I possibly can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Price Change   Netflix Price Change Empty

Back to top Go down

Netflix Price Change
Page 1 of 1