Do you check your receipts?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you check your receipts?

Go down 
+6
TSJFan4Ever
CatEyes10736
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Cheaps
RedBedroom
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Do you check your receipts?  Empty
PostSubject: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:21 pm

I try to. Especially when things are on clearance because they don't always have it programmed in when they reduce something.

I was really surprised last night with a blatant rip off attempt. We bought my son's trumpet that we have been renting and the guy tried to screw me out of $40. And I know it was intentional because he gave me the total and I asked him to hand me my original paperwork (that stated the purchase price) before I got my money out, he said, "Oh, I can throw that away for you." Then I said, that no, I wanted it. Then he looked at the invoice he just did and said, "I think I made an error." So he knew why I wanted a look back on that other paperwork.

Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:25 pm

I hardly do, i just grab receipt and toss it in my purse.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:27 pm

I am guilty of never looking at the receipt only if there is something I suspect is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Oh yeah. For the most part.....I do.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:35 pm

I used to never check them, then one day the supermarket overcharged me by almost $50. I was able to get it amended, but ever since then I have become mindful about checking tabs.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:13 pm

I usually try to have an idea of what my total should be and then I'll glance over the receipt, but not always. I'll watch at the price comes up when the clerk is ringing things in.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:30 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
I usually try to have an idea of what my total should be and then I'll glance over the receipt, but not always. I'll watch at the price comes up when the clerk is ringing things in.

They hate that but I do the same thing. I'd rather catch the mistake before it gets totaled because most places send you to the customer service desk to fix it. I'd rather take care of it right there than to have to go stand in line to correct a mistake THEY made.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:34 pm

I look over them to decide whether or not to throw them away, if it's something with a warranty on it, I keep it, if it's just the regular stuff, and everything seems to check, I pitch it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Not as often as I should for multiple items. I do count my change though.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:38 am

I'm usually more inclined to look when there are few items on it, but when I buy a list of things (like grocery shopping) I tend to not pay that much attention it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:23 am

Chris wrote:
I'm usually more inclined to look when there are few items on it, but when I buy a list of things (like grocery shopping) I tend to not pay that much attention it.

See, I definitely check after grocery shopping. I need to make sure the items on sale were properly discounted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you check your receipts?    Do you check your receipts?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you check your receipts?
Page 1 of 1