CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
Shale
Supernova
8 posters

Reasons why you're glad you're not a kid anymore

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Reasons why you're glad you're not a kid anymore Empty Reasons why you're glad you're not a kid anymore

Post by Supernova Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:48 pm

I think most of us at some time or another look back at our childhoods in nostalgia and wish we were back in that time, but I can also think of a few reasons why I'm actually glad to be past those years.

A big one, no more school, which means Sundays and Sunday nights especially are no longer something to dread.

Another big one, no more baby teeth, I remember too well all the agony of teeth loosening and spending weeks with them hurting all the time but never being loose enough to pull.

No having to go to bed early, I hated that, and it never worked anyway. Come to think of it, did anybody here go to bed when they were told to?

No more being told 'that's too grown up for you', so condescending; like Babes in Bullets in Garfield's 9 Lives my favorite story in the book, my mother told me not to read it, for a few years I was content to just look at the pictures since I could get a pretty good idea of it from there, but when I was 9 I decided I was old enough to read it. And actually the content there wasn't much worse than some of the old mystery movies I'd seen.

How about everyone else?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Reasons why you're glad you're not a kid anymore Empty Re: Reasons why you're glad you're not a kid anymore

Post by Shale Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:57 pm

...but I can also think of a few reasons why I'm actually glad to be past those years.

A big one, no more school, which means Sundays and Sunday nights especially are no longer something to dread.

It is Sunday night and I have to go to work tomorrow. No change there.

Another big one, no more baby teeth, I remember too well all the agony of teeth loosening and spending weeks with them hurting all the time but never being loose enough to pull.

I have half of my teeth left and they are steadily being replaced by plastic. Baby teeth was nothing compared to having one of these deep rooted baddies taken out.

No having to go to bed early, I hated that, and it never worked anyway...

I hope my neighbors get quiet in time for me to go to bed. Wish I could yell at them like a bunch of kids and tell them to keep it down - I need the sleep - gotta go to work tomorrow.

No more being told 'that's too grown up for you', so condescending; ...

How about ppl telling you that's too childish for you - grow up.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Reasons why you're glad you're not a kid anymore Empty Re: Reasons why you're glad you're not a kid anymore

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:28 pm

I can watch the movies and TV shows/listen to the music I want
    I can eat what I like and not eat what I don't like.
    I'm the one in charge of what I buy.
    I can take a nap because I want to, not because I have to.
    I won't have to live (very long) in the time of Soylent Green.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:31 pm

One good reason is to escape my mother's bipolar temper with her switches! (But, then, I was such an angelic child. twisted ) Don't miss the beatings at all.

But she could be hilarious, too. So there are good memories, too.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:46 pm

No more being told 'that's too grown up for you', so condescending

I still hear that. -_-
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:45 pm

Not being told what to do or being controlled.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:56 am

Being able to shop and buy what i want. i was going to agree with CeCe, but as an adult, I'm still told what to do: Pay the rent, go to work, dont be late, must have car insurance, etc.

But I dont miss those awkward "I have a crush, but dont know if he likes me" stupidness
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:57 am

Being able to drive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 am