CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Forgiveness Man
Chris
6 posters

Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle Empty Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle

Post by Chris Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:54 am

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dan-savage-threatens-to-redefine-rick-if-santorum-does-not-behave-in-the-2012-election-cycle/

Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle
    by Frances Martel | 8:08 pm, July 27th, 2011

Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle Picture-433
    Sex columnist Dan Savage has no intention of letting Rick Santorum get away with being a third-tier Presidential candidate who opposes gay marriage. After a decades long assault on the word “Santorum” (it has now, through Google, been turned into a gay sex euphemism), Savage released a video warning that he has brand new definitions for “Rick” at the ready should the former senator say something offensive enough about the LGBT community.

The video, whose threat is somewhat diminished by the fact that it was released over the Funny or Die network, features a Liberty University-clad Savage warning that he already has a fully-loaded weapon up his sleeve: a grotesque definition for the word “Rick” to match that of his last name. This, of course, means that Savage has taken all sorts of people hostage, everyone with the first name, several of which plead with Santorum to “behave” else their names will be correlated to the definition, too.

In the funniest bit of the video, even Conan mainstay Andy Richter shows up to plead with Santorum, as “the new definition is so disgusting that even having the sound ‘rick’ in the first half of my last name is scaring me.” The definition is never said in full, as most of the grossest stuff is appropriately bleeped out, but it sounds like both genders and several bodily fluids are involved. It’s not really necessary to know what the details are. “The ball is in your court,” Savage concludes, “and it’s not like you can start going by Dick Santorum, is it?”

So what did Santorum do this time to trigger Savage’s wrath? That seems to be the bit of mystery here. Sure, Santorum responded viscerally to Savage’s comments about wanting to “fuck the shit out of him” on Real Time with Bill Maher a couple of weeks back, but it shouldn’t be news to Savage that the man whose online reputation he destroyed thinks that he is “vulgar and disgusting and hate-filled.” And a lot has changed in the decade since Santorum compared homosexuality to bestiality– enough that he has toned down his anti-gay rhetoric significant and even handled a couple of man-to-man affection situations in stride.

That’s not to say that the comment that originally triggered this bizarre war wasn’t thoroughly offensive, or that Santorum’s attitude towards the LGBT community is, at best, suspect. But after a while, being vulgar and silly stops being a viable attention-getting mechanism for serious causes– especially against a candidate that has negligible support and a ghost of a chance of being on the radar in any of the 2012 primaries. Just as those who are inclined by outdated religious teachings to view the LGBT community as inferior gain no enlightenment from watching people dressed in leopard costumes throw glitter at politicians, so too will no one inclined to agree with Santorum find themselves more likely to oppose his views because a sex columnist decided the tired old joke “The Aristocrats” would be his new political bludgeon.

Watch Savage’s message to Santorum via Funny or Die below:
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle Empty Re: Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:51 am

This guy destroyed Santorum's web reputation? Never heard of this Savage. lol (Or this site, and the wording already sounds biased. lol) It sounds to me like Savage is intolerant of Santorum's views. Now he's calling him names and trying to make nasty meanings for the guy's name? lol I guess this just goes to show that Rick Santorum is not the hateful one in this situation. I can only imagine how the left would react if somebody tried to make mean definitions of 'Obama' up. lol

I am sure many here are going to hate on Santorum. (It's par for the course) I personally think the guy's awesome. Doubt he'll get the nom, which makes Mr. Sex Blogger's attack on him even more pitiful. (He's obviously jealous that Rick is taken.) It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Making up naughty meanings for somebody's name because you don't like what he says? lol (Or really, because he's not into you. Wink )Savage should stay on the playground. lol

In the meantime, I'll enjoy having Santorum always have the presidential candidate attached to his name and look forward to him getting a talk show down the road. The guy doesn't have a hateful bone in his body but apparently, he makes bigoted people like Savage mad. It's funny to watch hypocrites like Savage. lol Just makes Rick Santorum's job easier.

Side note: Hey Chris. WHERE do you find some of these stories? lol
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle Empty Re: Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:19 am

He was one of our local senators, and i could swear that he was involved in a hit and run. He got caught about 2 weeks later. I really think it was him, but they did not charge him because he claimed that he thought he hit a tree branch or something like that.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:34 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:This guy destroyed Santorum's web reputation? Never heard of this Savage. lol (Or this site, and the wording already sounds biased. lol) It sounds to me like Savage is intolerant of Santorum's views. Now he's calling him names and trying to make nasty meanings for the guy's name? lol I guess this just goes to show that Rick Santorum is not the hateful one in this situation. I can only imagine how the left would react if somebody tried to make mean definitions of 'Obama' up. lol

I am sure many here are going to hate on Santorum. (It's par for the course) I personally think the guy's awesome. Doubt he'll get the nom, which makes Mr. Sex Blogger's attack on him even more pitiful. (He's obviously jealous that Rick is taken.) It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Making up naughty meanings for somebody's name because you don't like what he says? lol (Or really, because he's not into you. Wink )Savage should stay on the playground. lol

In the meantime, I'll enjoy having Santorum always have the presidential candidate attached to his name and look forward to him getting a talk show down the road. The guy doesn't have a hateful bone in his body but apparently, he makes bigoted people like Savage mad. It's funny to watch hypocrites like Savage. lol Just makes Rick Santorum's job easier.

Side note: Hey Chris. WHERE do you find some of these stories? lol

Most of the time, I just stumble across them by accident.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:51 pm

On the bright side, Dick has a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination. He makes for good comedy though.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:On the bright side, Dick has a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination. He makes for good comedy though.
    I remember a politician named Dick and one of the most timely political slogans I ever heard.

Don't change dicks in the middle of a screw
    Vote for Nixon in '72.

Oh and for those who don't know what Santorum is, it's the frothy mix of lube and feces that shows up from vigorous anal sex.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Dan Savage & his husband Terry Miller are the founders of the "It Gets Better" project. And for the record he's not jealous because of any desire for Santorum. ROFLMAO! What would he want with Santorum?
    He has a husband who is actually attractive.
    Dan Savage Threatens To Redefine ‘Rick’ If Santorum Does Not ‘Behave’ In The 2012 Election Cycle Savage8b

Dan & Terry are awesome for having the guts to take a stand. I understand it may seem mean to some people, but turning the other cheek, patience, waiting & rolling over like a submissive dog has not worked in all these years. So fire with fire, I guess. Santorum & others like him are getting far less than what they're spent years dishing out.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Chris wrote:Most of the time, I just stumble across them by accident.

Dang! lol You really know how to find 'em. FORGIVENESS MAN

This Dan Savage guy's just a bigot. I'd love to see Rick Santorum be president if only to see this guy shoot steam out his ears. big grin lol We should lock Michael Savage and Dan Savage in a room together. Mwuahahahaha!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:50 am