CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Do you have any step children or are you dating anyone with a child(ren)?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you have any step children or are you dating anyone with a child(ren)? Empty Do you have any step children or are you dating anyone with a child(ren)?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:57 am

If so, what are the highs and lows you experience by being who you are to that child(ren)?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you have any step children or are you dating anyone with a child(ren)? Empty Re: Do you have any step children or are you dating anyone with a child(ren)?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:05 am

The only lows I had with my step-daughter were years ago when her and I were new in our relationship. I did resent having to take care of her every weekend she was at our place because he was working. But that was only a few months.

We became very close and in fact, during the years we lived apart, I had her on his visitation weekends. Not out of obligation, but rather because we wanted to be together.

She is now a beautiful 22 year old woman, who amazes me always and has for years. She has just indicated that moving forward she would rather see me and her brother, without "dad" there. Someone in her dad's family would like to meet her and she told me she would not unless I facilitated it. She only wants me there.

I am so humbled by that and so proud of myself for doing almost everything right for so many years and the fact that she is the only person who sees it doesn't bother me a bit. It is because she realizes it, that is what makes it all worth it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you have any step children or are you dating anyone with a child(ren)? Empty Re: Do you have any step children or are you dating anyone with a child(ren)?

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:25 am

I'm a step child but my father's second wife Ellen had no parental involvement with me. We're more friends. She's Nana to my daughter though.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 am

I inherited a live-in stepdaughter who was 13 and resented her mother and I showing affection. I had the day job so I spent evenings with her doing supper and homework.

She finally had to accept that I was the only father in her life so we got along better. I still have her as nearest kin on all my notification papers.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 am

No and no.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:15 am