CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

True Crime

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

True Crime Empty True Crime

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Do you ever read any true crime books about murderers? I have a whole bunch of them, I'll have to see just how many I DO have, but I think I've only ever actually gotten around to just reading a couple of them but never actually finished them. The one I came the furthest in was one about a Munchausen mother who killed a daughter and almost killed her son before the cops took her away from her remaining kids.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

True Crime Empty Re: True Crime

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:58 pm

I used to enjoy them a lot, but recently when I get them from the library, I don't get to them, and just end up returning them.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

A few years back I bought a lot of them at Wal-Mart, $5-$6 each, I spent about $50 on them, one was about kids who killed, and I only got through the first chapter before my mom saw it and had a BIG fit about it. Ever since the Patriot Act, she's always been a little concerned that people could look up the books I read and the books I buy and since a lot of them deal with murder and crime....but my theory is if they didn't want us reading these books, they shouldn't have published them in the first place.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Super, I am so glad you posted this topic, and I read it today. There was a true crime book that I searched for that I couldn't ever find. This post reminded me to try again, and I found it on Amazon. I don't think there were a lot of them printed, as my library could never get it for me.

The story has to do with a crime in the county I lived in when I was in jr high/high school. My best friend dated the brother of one of the victims and she told me so much about what he said about the murders, and I know a lot about the guy, who definitely tured out to be very strange.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Glad I could be of help, Red. If you don't mind my asking, what's the book called?

It's funny because true crime doesn't seemm to be a very popular subject...but when we had a bookstore they had a whole section for that. Whereas at Wal-Mart is' listed under bestsellers or new releases, they don't get a true crime section of their own.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:35 pm

The book is Deadly Obsessions : A True Story of Mutilation and Murder in the Backwoods of Wisconsin.

If by chance you ever find it at your library, let me know if you read it. I did not order it off Amazon yet, as I want to try my library one more time before I do.

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:37 am

I have read many. But my very favorite remains Perfect Victim," about an abducted woman kept in a coffin-like box for 7 years and tortured into becoming a slave. Very, very fascinating reading.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:54 pm