CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
CeCe
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Chris
8 posters

Is home schooling the answer to bullying?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Is home schooling the answer to bullying? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is home schooling the answer to bullying?

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Indeeeed, a teacher should NOT be telling a student 'your parents never have to know, this will just be our little secret', that sounds like either A. another child who is very immature and secretive, or B... well we can guess what B would be when it involves adults who have access to children telling them their parents should know nothing.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Is home schooling the answer to bullying? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is home schooling the answer to bullying?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Yeah, go figure. lol I think the problem is that people refuse to accept that homeschooling can be anything but what it's stereotyped as. At best, your kid will be book smart but will have no social skills and be totally unable to communicate with anybody, at all. At worst, they'll end up locked in a cage and murdered by their crazy parents. People can't seem to separate actual home education from parents who just lock their kid up and abuse them.

Although I do admit, many parents probably should NOT homeschool their kids. If somebody is the type to defend public school, they likely fall into this category anyway. Wink

I defend public schools, and I would not in the least be incapable of home schooling my child. I just recognized and understand the benefits. Unlike some others.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:18 pm

I was once told by a teacher that since we spend more time with them than our parents, we should obey them first. Like, WHA? lol

All of this is part of why I don't consider education and school to be synonymous anymore. Everyone always talks about how kids need a good education so they give them more schooling. IMO, that's going to hamper their education more than help it, especially in these days.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I was once told by a teacher that since we spend more time with them than our parents, we should obey them first. Like, WHA? lol

All of this is part of why I don't consider education and school to be synonymous anymore. Everyone always talks about how kids need a good education so they give them more schooling. IMO, that's going to hamper their education more than help it, especially in these days.

Now see, THIS is the thing that people try to deny, even though the kids spend far MORE time in school than at home, people act like it's not the teachers raising them, well yeah it basically is. And some of them take it to certain extremes; my brother told me about this one teacher that told her 10 year old students they had to do whatever she said even when they were out of school, out in public, even in their own homes, SHE was in charge at all times, what the hell? Can we say Nazi bitch?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:02 pm