CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Supernova
8 posters

Without looking it up, do you know the answer to this question?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Without looking it up, do you know the answer to this question? Empty Without looking it up, do you know the answer to this question?

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 am

After everybody has a chance to give their answer, I'll explain why I asked this. Without looking it up, do you know who wrote 'double double, toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble'?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Without looking it up, do you know the answer to this question? Empty Re: Without looking it up, do you know the answer to this question?

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 am

????

this a trick question?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Without looking it up, do you know the answer to this question? Empty Re: Without looking it up, do you know the answer to this question?

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Supernova wrote:After everybody has a chance to give their answer, I'll explain why I asked this. Without looking it up, do you know who wrote 'double double, toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble'?

Without looking it up, as far as I know it's a line from Macbeth. The three witches. So technically I need to say William Shakespeare?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Supernova wrote:After everybody has a chance to give their answer, I'll explain why I asked this. Without looking it up, do you know who wrote 'double double, toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble'?

I am not looking it up because it sounds like a song from a Harry Potter Movie I saw. Is it a song called something wicked this way comes??
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:12 pm

I am answering the same as alan smithee. It is from Macbeth, the 3 witches, by William Shakespeare. Don't have to look it up.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:04 pm

I know it's from Macbeth and I also remember it from a nursey rhyme or nursey poem or something like that. I couldn't tell you the name of it though.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:40 am

Okay, I guess everybody who's going to respond to this has had plenty of time to put in their answers.

Okay, here's why I brought this up. There was a call-in trivia content on the radio today, and this was the question, and I right away said 'William Shakespeare', which of course is the correct answer, from MacBeth, did NOT get in...the person who DID get in got an answer so wrong I could NOT believe it, they said DR. SEUSS! I can't believe it.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:05 am

i cant believe i thought this....

Tony Marino wrote: Is it a song called something wicked this way comes??

after tony posted this^^^.. i immediately thought of this song by TLC

im a dumbass d-oh!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:38 am

Supernova wrote:Okay, I guess everybody who's going to respond to this has had plenty of time to put in their answers.

Okay, here's why I brought this up. There was a call-in trivia content on the radio today, and this was the question, and I right away said 'William Shakespeare', which of course is the correct answer, from MacBeth, did NOT get in...the person who DID get in got an answer so wrong I could NOT believe it, they said DR. SEUSS! I can't believe it.

LOL, you think that's bad? Check out "Jaywalking" (Jay Leno) on YouTube. Funny but oh so frightening.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:24 pm

LOL, you think that's bad? Check out "Jaywalking" (Jay Leno) on YouTube. Funny but oh so frightening.

OMG, when we used to watch Jay, we loved when he did that segment. Some of it was frightening on how stupid the people were.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Well I was half right, it was a song from Harry Potter:

Double, double toil and trouble;
    Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
    Double, double toil and trouble
    Something wicked this way comes
    Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
    Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
    Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
    Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
    Double, double toil and trouble;
    Double, double toil and trouble
    Something wicked this way comes!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Okay - I thought for sure this must have been a trick question, because the answer was so obvious to me but then you posted where you were going. Wonder what kind of Dr Suess that person was reading - lol! Poor Will Shakespeare.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 pm