CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Stores closing earlier than their posted hours

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Stores closing earlier than their posted hours Empty Stores closing earlier than their posted hours

Post by Chris Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:17 am

Have you ever been hurried out of a store (or refused to be let in) a few minutes earlier than their posted closing time, because the staff was in a haste to leave early?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Stores closing earlier than their posted hours Empty Re: Stores closing earlier than their posted hours

Post by Cheaps Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:54 am

No thats never happened to me.

If I haven't decided on what I'm buyin, then they can wait a few minutes longer.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Stores closing earlier than their posted hours Empty Re: Stores closing earlier than their posted hours

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:01 am

I haven't been necessarily hurried out....but I've been nudged that it was nearing closing time. I have definitely not been let in because the store hadn't opened up yet a few times.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:14 am

I had issues when the computer repair shop was being difficult with fixing my issue, then when I got there to pick it up once it was finally completed, they closed early due to a holiday party, and I was so pissed.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:49 am

I've been on the other side of this. When I worked in retail at a bookstore in a mall, we would slide the doors at the front together so there was room for one person to fit about 10 minutes before closing time and turn off the lights in the back half of the store. There were wall sconces that stayed on so it wasn't pitch black (just a little too dark to keep reading that book you were too cheap to buy). Most people got the idea and either left or brought their purchases to the register. If someone came rushing in last minute to buy that book their kid forgot to tell them they needed, fine but you ain't coming in to browse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:32 am