CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Hyacinth Girl
Chris
Marc™
7 posters

Anybody Feel Like They're Closing Chapters In Their Life and Starting New Ones?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Anybody Feel Like They're Closing Chapters In Their Life and Starting New Ones? Empty Anybody Feel Like They're Closing Chapters In Their Life and Starting New Ones?

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:28 am

I am a few months away from being laid off from my job that is being outsourced to India. Part of me is freaked out by that....but another part of me is apathetic and slightly relieved, because despite needing that money, I never loved the job and was often not happy there. I'm still in school (on summer break now though) and only a year away from graduating....and am dealing with a few other intimate hurdles in my personal life. I'm also desperate to leave the state of Michigan for good, because I decided long ago that there's nothing here for me, and I have no desire to continue the tradition of Detroit area living that my grandparents/parents/aunts/uncles/cousins have carved out. I just feel I'm at a crossroads....and as hopeful as a crossroads can be, the equal element of uncertainty is annoying, because I'm not the spur of the moment/play it by ear/whatever happens happens type. Even it's boring, I like a more structured existence.

Anyway....that was my rant....
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Anybody Feel Like They're Closing Chapters In Their Life and Starting New Ones? Empty Re: Anybody Feel Like They're Closing Chapters In Their Life and Starting New Ones?

Post by Chris Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:46 am

Yes and no. Honestly, sometimes I would love to find myself at a crossroads and to begin a new chapter, as opposed to continuing the same repetition. Sorry to hear about your job situation, but depending on how long you were there, you can easily get unemployment while you take some time off to focus on school.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Anybody Feel Like They're Closing Chapters In Their Life and Starting New Ones? Empty Re: Anybody Feel Like They're Closing Chapters In Their Life and Starting New Ones?

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Years ago, when we were undergoing many mergers with other hospitals in my area, and things were scary as far as layoffs and such, a now-retired pathologist I used to work with said a very wise thing that I've always remembered because it applies to all of life:

"Make Change Your Friend."

That has been so true, many times since I've heard that because if you embrace something new, don't fear it, and make it work for you, then it's a blessing in disguise. When a door closes, a window opens, right? And even if the "change" is somehow bad or negative, if you look hard enough, you can find some good in it, or see some good coming down the line as an end result.

When I was going through my breast cancer stuff not long ago, that was one of the bleakest periods of my life, and I felt like I was literally inside a dark tunnel and the only thing I could see was where to place my foot to take the next step. I made it out, and while it wasn't fun, I was able to still find some good things that came of it.

Sometimes the proverbial "Crossroads" are just the thing you need.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Yeah, sorry to hear about the job situation, Marc. Sometimes we need a little shove to go on to better things. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck at the time but I hope one day soon you'll get to look back on this and say it was a lucky break.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks folks.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Well personally.....I don't mind change. I'm the type of person, I can get into a routine and become comfortable with it and it may be the reason why I drag my feet on some things, but if I'm forced or obliged to do something else or different, then I will. Esp since once I get tired of something, I'm tired. And if I'm not happy, it will eventually happen. Sorry to hear about your gig, but I think this may be a blessing in disguise for you. There is nothing wrong with wanting something better. And this just may be the firecracker you need to get moving towards accomplishing what you really want to do.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:42 am

Yeah - I really feel that way. I'm in a dead-end job and am applying for a different one that would take me in a new direction entirely. I'm hoping it will work out. I'm beyond fed up with where I am and things really can't continue as they are. I'm at a crossroad and hoping that as doors are closing, new ones will be opening. I've been laid off from my current job once again, which means I"m back on call in the fall and hoping something will work out,. There's no stability or security in my job and there's the possibility of a strike of the teachers don't get what they want and my union's contract is also up for negotiations, so it's really not looking good.

Anyway - yes - one chapter is closing for me and another one is opening - just not sure what the new chapter will hold.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:16 am

sorry to hear marc, but like others have said, maybe its for better things to come

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:06 am