CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
AtownPeep
7 posters

How much would you pay for an apartment?

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

How much would you pay for an apartment? Empty How much would you pay for an apartment?

Post by AtownPeep Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:19 pm

I just got back in apartment hunting with my friend who is moving to ATL from NJ. I know when I had my one bedroom I was paying $600 a month (water and trash included) but some of the ones we looked at were outrageous I am talking $800 a month. I am sure that is not a lot of people in Cali but that is too much down here.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

How much would you pay for an apartment? Empty Re: How much would you pay for an apartment?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:35 pm

How much would I pay? What I could afford for something decent. What was your friend paying in Jersey?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How much would you pay for an apartment? Empty Re: How much would you pay for an apartment?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:47 pm

So funny you bring this up because I just was wondering what apts. are going for around here now. I drove past a nicer complex today and they had a sign that said, "Rentals starting at..." and they had a white painted piece of wood over the cost. Not sure what that was about.

If I ever had to rent an apartment again in this city, I would go very, very small to save money and put a majority of my things in storage. And my best guess is that would run me just shy of $500.
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by ph balanced Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:23 am

$700
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:53 am

AtownPeep wrote:I just got back in apartment hunting with my friend who is moving to ATL from NJ. I know when I had my one bedroom I was paying $600 a month (water and trash included) but some of the ones we looked at were outrageous I am talking $800 a month. I am sure that is not a lot of people in Cali but that is too much down here.

$800 for a really nice apt is cheap as hell. Because so many people are moving from the North back to the South, realtors are going to take advantage of the fact that what's expensive to ya'll is cheap to us. In any case, to answer the question, you're paying too much in rent depends on a lot of factors. You gotta look at the market value and what you're getting. You gotta look at the apt you're getting. The neighborhood, what's included, etc. Up here, a lot of landlords include all utilities in the rent.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:06 am

Generally I wouldn't look to pay more than $700....although a friend of mine is paying $950 a month, and his is nice....so it depends. But seriously, if I'm paying more than $700 a month, the apt. would need to be nice.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:26 pm

When I used to live in an apartment, I was paying $750/month.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:26 pm