CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Shale
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Marc™
RedBedroom
Nhaiyel
10 posters

Apartment Living; hate it or love it?

Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Apartment Living; hate it or love it? Empty Apartment Living; hate it or love it?

Post by Nhaiyel Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm relaxing in my apartment, top floor mind you, and my good mood is interrupted by the damn smell of my neighbors below cooking. To make matters worse, these people cook (I repeat: cook) foods with a loud musk, and at least three times a day. I just wanted to bitch about this because the smell and smoke are so bad that I, at times, wake up coughing.

Does anyone else out there have to deal with this type of shit from living in a damned apartment? I'm sure everyone who lives in an apartment has to deal with some sort of fuckery from time to time, but this is everyday! Oh, and did I mention they have a newborn baby? That's just the icing on the cake.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Apartment Living; hate it or love it? Empty Re: Apartment Living; hate it or love it?

Post by RedBedroom Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:29 pm

That sound awful that the odors from their cooking get so bad it makes you cough. Ick. Sorry you have to deal with that. For sure, that is one shitty part of apt. living.

What I disliked most when I was in one is that no areas outside are just mine. I really need that and not so many people in one small space coming and going.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Apartment Living; hate it or love it? Empty Re: Apartment Living; hate it or love it?

Post by Marc™ Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:44 pm

In my first apartment, I had neighbors who would beat on things (walls....ceilings....) Crazy some of the characters an apt manager will let sign a lease just because they got the money to make a deposit.

Last edited by Marc™ on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 pm

We've lived upstairs since 1987. Every now and then we have a neighbor cook something...odoriferous. Usually it doesn't permeate our place. Sometimes someone cooks something that smells really good! Our main complaint is parking. There are no assigned spaces and we happen to live in one of the few sections that one or two inconsiderate or mentally challenged people can be a real pain in the back of the lap.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Well, I live in an apartment but I don't live in an apartment building. Never have and your situation is the prime example why I prob. never will. I live in a two family house, landlord upstairs, me downstairs. Her bad ass kids are annoying.....jumping up and down on the floor, screaming like they're in the damn circus or something but fortunately for me, I don't have to deal with any crazy smells. And it's one of the reasons that factored into me taking the place. When I first looked at it, I went in every room smelling it intently. I will not take a place that had an already permeated scent.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Years ago, my brother lived downstairs from a family with kids and he swore the little buggers must've been playing basketball or hockey up there. Then one time he was watching a football game and the ref made a really bad call. Keep in mind he was by himself. A little while later there's a knock on the door and it's the cops. His neighbor thought there was an assault going on down stairs. He just explained to them that Jerry Fucking Markbreit blew another call, they said OK and left.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:55 pm

alan smithee wrote:... Then one time he was watching a football game and the ref made a really bad call. Keep in mind he was by himself. A little while later there's a knock on the door and it's the cops. His neighbor thought there was an assault going on down stairs. He just explained to them that Jerry Fucking Markbreit blew another call, they said OK and left.
    When we first got to Miami in 1982, we lived upstairs from Haitians. Couldn't understand the language but one day I thot there was a family fight going on, lots of screaming of men coming from downstairs. Finally, I figured out it was football (soccer).

Also, they cooked some kinda fish that smelled like ... uh, .... Well, I've sometimes smelled it in some intimate places.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 pm

alan smithee wrote:Years ago, my brother lived downstairs from a family with kids and he swore the little buggers must've been playing basketball or hockey up there. Then one time he was watching a football game and the ref made a really bad call. Keep in mind he was by himself. A little while later there's a knock on the door and it's the cops. His neighbor thought there was an assault going on down stairs. He just explained to them that Jerry Fucking Markbreit blew another call, they said OK and left.

That's what be happening upstairs where I live too. I don't know WHAT the fuck those kids are up there doing, it sounds like they're trying to knock a damn hole in the wall. They jump off of furniture and land directly on the floor. The youngest one is the biggest crybaby, literally, that I've ever seen. Always screaming about something. And he has one of those shrill, high pitched screams. Their mother just tunes them out, esp when her boyfriend is visiting. They don't get to go outside so I gues they have to exert all of their energy upstairs. Quite frankly, it should annoy me more than it does but somehow I manage to ignore it. I'm going to move out this year anyway though.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:18 pm

HATE HATE HATE IT. The novelty of being able to say I have my own apartment all to myself wore the fuck off pretty quickly. I live a few blocks from a campus in a neighborhood notorious for frat parties and people in their twenties with shitty taste in music and and a seemingly endless supply of Keystone Light and similarly retarded friends but I'm seriously disgusted at how disrespectful my neighbors are. The rude cow upstairs is small potatoes compared to my next door neighbor. I got literally 45 minutes of sleep the other night... the management all but told me to fuck off last time I voiced my concerns. The management office isn't even IN this building, mind you.. it's in a complex 5 blocks away so they don't even have anyone with any kind of authority here at all most of the time. Nonsense!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 am

alan smithee wrote:We've lived upstairs since 1987. Every now and then we have a neighbor cook something...odoriferous. Usually it doesn't permeate our place. Sometimes someone cooks something that smells really good! Our main complaint is parking. There are no assigned spaces and we happen to live in one of the few sections that one or two inconsiderate or mentally challenged people can be a real pain in the back of the lap.

This has to be the single worst thing about apartment living from my experience. It's frustrating to come home with a trunk full of groceries & no way to get to your door because the neighbors (and it's ALWAYS only an inconsiderate one or two) have their company filling up all the spaces.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 am

Don't really mind apartment living. Worst thing right now is my neighbours, who can be VERY loud but they've toned it down after complains from a bunch the surrounding apartments. I'd have called but was barely coherent as I had a BAD cold, hadn't been sleeping, and was basically too brain dead to find the turn on a light, find the phone, and call my landlady. Partying loudly until 4AM isn't okay. They thought they were being quiet because the music wasn't loud but their voices sure were, as was the bass that thudded most of the time.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:54 pm

If not for these particular people, the apartment situation would be fine. I considered going to management, but I am not sure if that would solve anything.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 am

I lived in two apartments before I got my house. I could adapt to them, but they were never anything I felt content with remaining at indefinitely. From the minute I moved out of my parents house for good and into my second (the first was in college) apartment, I began plotting advancing to a house. It took five years, but eventually I did it.

Have to agree with Nhaiyel, that the smells can be the biggest problem. And, of course, the sporadic rent increases were annoying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:40 am