CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Looking at pictures of recently departed loved ones.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Looking at pictures of recently departed loved ones. Empty Looking at pictures of recently departed loved ones.

Post by Chris Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 am

When a loved one passes on, does immersing yourself in their pictures and various belongings help you better cope, or does facing such things of theirs more bother you?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Looking at pictures of recently departed loved ones. Empty Re: Looking at pictures of recently departed loved ones.

Post by Shale Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Chris wrote:When a loved one passes on, does immersing yourself in their pictures and various belongings help you better cope, or does facing such things of theirs more bother you?
    Brenda died a decade ago next Saturday.

I had pics of Brenda and me (as well as Jim and me) on my walls and in albums, which never changed - pics are still there. I have since put those pics on my various Webpages and Facebook - it is part of my history.

I went thru some crying jags after Brenda died, but they have subsided. IDK if having the pics around added to that, but doesn't much matter. She is in my mind. I like seeing her image.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Looking at pictures of recently departed loved ones. Empty Re: Looking at pictures of recently departed loved ones.

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:23 pm

When Mom passed, I liked looking at pics and items of hers. It helped and still does.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:40 am

My best friend was killed in a car crash 7 years ago. After the funeral I couldnt bare to look at any of his pics. I had a whole photo album of pics of us from the time we were small to weeks before he died that I threw out. I sat it on top of the trash cans to be collected on garbage day but that morning the garbage truck was late and my mom came and visited. She saw the photo album in the trash as she came in and grabbed it before it could be collected and gave me a calm lecture about it. She hid it in my basement and a year later I found it, thumbed thru it and was glad it was saved.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:23 am

At worst I can't stand to look at those pictures for a few months. After the initial grieving stage, though, seeing them will make me feel better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:06 am