CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Supernova
CatEyes10736
Shale
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Chris
10 posters

Should the age-restriction be lowered on R-rated films?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should the age-restriction be lowered on R-rated films? Empty Should the age-restriction be lowered on R-rated films?

Post by Chris Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:35 am

Should the age-restriction be lowered on R-rated films? R-rating

Do you think that the restriction on R-rated films should stay at age seventeen (without an accompanying parent or adult guardian), or would you be okay with lowering it to sixteen, fifteen, fourteen, etc., etc.?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Should the age-restriction be lowered on R-rated films? Empty Re: Should the age-restriction be lowered on R-rated films?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:36 am

Why not, these kids get to see everything and more on the internet so why restrict the movie to certain ages.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Should the age-restriction be lowered on R-rated films? Empty Re: Should the age-restriction be lowered on R-rated films?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 am

I think it should stay the same, but it doesn't really matter. Anyone who wants to see an R rated movie will do so anyway.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 pm

The MPAA is so politicized that it is actually meaningless. I just read an article about using 'fuck' in a PG-13 script. Once is the limit, but you will note there are PG-13 movies with 'fuck' uttered more than once. Yep, there's a loophole for it.

I often suggest on certain R-rated flicks that adults be sure to take their 13-year-old bro, cousin, nephew whatever.

Like the current R-rated Conan the Barbarian. It was made for young male teen boys - and yet it is rated out of their age range. It shows sword battles with blood spatter when ppl are cut or heads bashed. It shows heads cut off. It shows boobies. Just the stuff any 13-year old boy would want to see - and I don't think it would harm him to see it.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:40 pm

I would vote to keep it the same, but if it were going to be lowered then it shouldn't fall lower than 16 IMO.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Opa Shale wrote:The MPAA is so politicized that it is actually meaningless. I just read an article about using 'fuck' in a PG-13 script. Once is the limit, but you will note there are PG-13 movies with 'fuck' uttered more than once. Yep, there's a loophole for it.

I often suggest on certain R-rated flicks that adults be sure to take their 13-year-old bro, cousin, nephew whatever.

Like the current R-rated Conan the Barbarian. It was made for young male teen boys - and yet it is rated out of their age range. It shows sword battles with blood spatter when ppl are cut or heads bashed. It shows heads cut off. It shows boobies. Just the stuff any 13-year old boy would want to see - and I don't think it would harm him to see it.

That's odd because I read PG-13 has a limit of THREE fucks, like in The Legend of Billie Jean, of course PG13 was new then, but they got away with saying 'fucker' twice, whereas it was originally going to be R for that language.

I personally have no problem with them lowering it to 16, but before that...you know we have PG13 and it's not written in stone but I like to think we have it for a reason and for the crowd of that age and around it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:53 pm

When it comes to things like language....no matter how crass it is, if that's the extent of the adult theme, then I really don't think film should be rated higher than PG-13. Far as R-rated films go....I think the age limit should stay the same. It's not like it's NC-17, where no one under the age of 17 can see it. If parents are okay with their child seeing an "R," then they should take them to it themselves.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:23 am

Marc™ wrote: ... If parents are okay with their child seeing an "R," then they should take them to it themselves.
    I was once a foster parent to an 11-year-old boy. This was in the late '70s and he wanted to see all those Hong Kong, low-budget, crappy, dubbed in English, Kung Fu movies. He was too young so I had to go with him and sit thru that shit that only an 11-year-old kid could take seriously.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm

The movie and TV rating systems won't stop every underage viewer but it at least gives the parents an idea of what the content is to decide to give their permission for the kid to see it or not. To answer the question, leave it where it is.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 pm

I think it should stay where it is.
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by ph balanced Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Nah

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:14 am