CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
6 posters

My Wife and Kids

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

My Wife and Kids Empty My Wife and Kids

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Your thoughts on this show?

It was alright, it's definitely funny in some places but as usual, the dumb son was written as too impossible to believe, let alone live, stupid with no explanation. And that Franklin kid irritated the hell out of me too, that was like they were trying to combine Smart Guy with Frasier with Mr. Wizard or something. The episode where Michael used that stuff to grow hair was, so far as I know, definitely THE most disgusting episode they did, that was just Razz

And while there were some times Jay was the right one in the arguments, overall she was just one crazy as hell bitch: making up a holiday so she can get diamonds, the whole kaeroke competition where she just HAD to be the sole focus of everyone, etc.

Everyone else's thoughts?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

My Wife and Kids Empty Re: My Wife and Kids

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:53 pm

I LOVED that show! Michael Kyle was THE MAN! FORGIVENESS MAN
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:55 pm

I thought it was a great show. Very well written and funny too. Damon Wayans and Tisha Campbell are great comedic actors. I didn't like their replacement for Claire though. Should've stuck with the original daughter. And Franklin was so cute!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I LOVED that show! Michael Kyle was THE MAN! FORGIVENESS MAN

One thing I wonder when he's teaching his kids a lesson, where does he get some of that stuff from? A payphone, a slot machine, where do you find that kind of stuff on hand?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Supernova wrote:

One thing I wonder when he's teaching his kids a lesson, where does he get some of that stuff from? A payphone, a slot machine, where do you find that kind of stuff on hand?
    I got no clue. It was hardly realistic but I loved it. I loved how he handled the kids. Ah, they don't make comedies like that anymore.

And I actually liked Franklin (and the second Claire. Razz ). I think a lot of it was supposed to be fairly cartoonish satire but I enjoyed it immensely. big grin (I love the "how do I print it out?" remark after Claire typed her essay on the typewriter. FORGIVENESS MAN)
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:30 am

Claire got a complete makeover. One season she's Dee Thomas, the next she's Beyonce.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:14 am

^^^^She's got nothing on Blair Cramer. Razz
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:58 pm

I've seen few episodes, but never got into it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:20 pm

Now one thing I wonder about, there apparently are some women out there who side with Jay on things that I find to be absolutely idiotic. Like the time she found Sharon's picture in a pile of garbage she was on Michael's back to throw out for years. She called it cheating with a picture, and there actually was some woman who came on the board and said that made very much sense. What the hell? It was in a pile of garbage he hadn't touched for years, I seriously doubt he was getting much use out of that picture, and if he did keep it, so what? He didn't marry her, he wasn't cheating on Jay with her, and he never talked about her, so what's the problem he didn't throw the picture out but also never took it out during that time either?

Another one, if there are people who say this one makes sense...the episode where she declares he doesn't love her anymore because he wanted to play a video game after spending 3 hours at dinner with her. I could very well understand the need to get away from 'yap yap yap Jay won't shut her trap'. And oooh she's vulnerable, she feels worthless because she lost her job, well that's her problem for having no self worth outside of her work, what's he supposed to do?
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 am

I remember when it first came out and they had the baby sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" in spanish (I think it was the first episode)...that was the most memorable moment for me.

It did good for a while but it started to get a bit ridiculous once the kids grew and they had to find more gimmicks.

Truly didn't like it when they replaced Claire, I had flashbacks of when they replaced Aunt Vivian on The Fresh Prince with a lighter-skinned female. Kinda felt like they were saying a dark-skinned black woman just wasn't good enough for a high-profile show. It rubbed me the wrong way.

And Meagan Good as Junior's baby mamma....awk-ward. I KNEW that casting change was coming. They should have went with more of a plain jane from the jump.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:57 am

See I didn't get that with Fresh Prince either, obviously with Claire everybody noticed, BUT, we're supposed to believe going through a fourth childbirth makes Vivian lose half her color and gain twice the weight? Uh, no

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:30 pm