CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Shale
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Supernova
11 posters

Would you support your child cutting class/school?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you support your child cutting class/school? Empty Would you support your child cutting class/school?

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Did you ever cut class or even an entire day of school? If so, what would you do if you found out your kid had done the same thing?

Obviously I never had that option, but if it was a one time thing I'd let it slide, kids need breaks from school too, and when adults call in sick days when they're not sick, we can't really expect kids to go to school every single day when they hate it either, can we?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Would you support your child cutting class/school? Empty Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Would you support your child cutting class/school?

If there was a good reason. Just a "mental health" day isn't a good enough reason.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Would you support your child cutting class/school? Empty Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

If there was a good reason. Just a "mental health" day isn't a good enough reason.

Same here.

A few years ago, I let my son skip a day as I had the first week day off in forever and I wanted to have a day for just the two of us. But that was the first and only time I did such a thing.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:28 am

Never cut class...never cut school. I won't allow my kids to stay home from school unless they were sick
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:31 am

Cutting out on homeschool classes? Don't think that'd be a problem. Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:28 am

I would not support excessive cutting of classes.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Never cut class...never cut school. I won't allow my kids to stay home from school unless they were sick
    Ditto! I never even thot about cutting class when in school. (except to pray for snow - but if the cruel school board did not close the schools, I trudged thru the snow to get there).
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Every so often my mom would let me.

I didn't see the big deal, I made up the work for it. Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 pm

cheaps wrote:Every so often my mom would let me.

I didn't see the big deal, I made up the work for it. Shrugs (Oh well…)

Yeah I really don't see what the big deal is either, I highly doubt whatever day the kid ditches is going to be the day they unravel the mysteries or the universe or discover a cure for cancer.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:11 pm

I did cut and i would let my kid slide or take off if he/she wanted to once in every blue moon. We forget how much pressure kids are under. How EVERYONE bosses them around, from us to teachers, school bus drivers, hall monitors, bullies, and even the lunch ladies! They need a break once in a while.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:47 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I did cut and i would let my kid slide or take off if he/she wanted to once in every blue moon. We forget how much pressure kids are under. How EVERYONE bosses them around, from us to teachers, school bus drivers, hall monitors, bullies, and even the lunch ladies! They need a break once in a while.

Amen! Like Ferris Bueller said, life goes pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you might miss it.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:59 pm

My parents never let me cut class; there were times they sent me to school while I was on the verge of getting sick. I have basically the same mentality with my daughter, although I think her mother has let her play hooky a few times.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:34 am

Opa Shale wrote:
    Ditto! I never even thot about cutting class when in school. (except to pray for snow - but if the cruel school board did not close the schools, I trudged thru the snow to get there).

What's ironic is that I could've cut school easily. My mother left for work before I got up to go and came home after I got home. As much as I loathe getting up in the morning back then (and still do), I can't believe I still dragged myself up to go to school when I could've easily played hooky more than a few times.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:32 am

Opa Shale wrote:Ditto! I never even thot about cutting class when in school. (except to pray for snow - but if the cruel school board did not close the schools, I trudged thru the snow to get there).

And I'll bet you had to walk up hill. Both ways! Wink
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:30 am

Every now and then my momma would let me take the day off from school, but it wasn't often. Maybe like once a school year, if that. If the kid is doing well, then I can see letting him have a Friday off every once and a while.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

And I'll bet you had to walk up hill. Both ways! Wink

You make me sound like an exagerator. At least trudging thru the waist-deep snow kept the dinosaurs from chasin' us.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Opa Shale wrote:

You make me sound like an exagerator. At least trudging thru the waist-deep snow kept the dinosaurs from chasin' us.

Now see...I only thought you had to deal with Indian attacks Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:16 am