CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Minerva
Hyacinth Girl
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Shale
Chris
12 posters

What was the most useless class you took in school?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What was the most useless class you took in school? Empty What was the most useless class you took in school?

Post by Chris Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:32 am

Is there any class you remember taking in high school or college that you look on and think was a complete waste of time?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

What was the most useless class you took in school? Empty Re: What was the most useless class you took in school?

Post by Shale Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:56 am

I would like to say Gym, but I was in Basic Training as soon as I graduated and that class probably prepared me for that. I think all my classes were worth something to me - it all depends on what you put into it as to what you take away.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

What was the most useless class you took in school? Empty Re: What was the most useless class you took in school?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:54 am

I honestly don't think I have.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:38 pm

I thought history was a waste of time.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Powerpoint in college. Actually I'd say most of the classes I took in college were pretty useless.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Chemistry and physics. Haven't meant a damn thing to me since.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Art history and appreciation--humanities requirement in college that I used the class time for doing real homework and studying for my other classes.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Geometry. I flunked it.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:35 pm

hahaha... let's see:

Probability & statistics
    geometry
    chemistry
    astronomy
    3 yrs of french
    biology (not sex ed-- that was very very useful! lol)
    philosophy
    ancient greek studies

i liked art appreciation & history, and actually use those in conversation. As for the above list, I am pretty good at trivia now because of them! lol give me pop culture quizzes and forget it... i have no clue
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 am

Probably Environmental Science and Humanities... Chemistry is bound to be equally as useless. Psychology proved to be rather useless too. Basically, almost half the curriculum when I think about it. College, IMO, is mostly useless classes.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 am

Health Ed.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Home Ec was a totally useless course. After I was grown and married the school sent me a questionnaire about all the home ec classes I took. I took them because they were snap courses and I never really had to do much to get good grades. I let them know I had used none of the stupid stuff we were taught in my daily life as a housewife. I never turned pears green, I never made English Toffee again cause I made myself sick on it when we made it in class. I didn't learn how to broil a steak, how to cook a roast, mash potatoes or make a stew or soup. Fortunately while I didn't know how to cook when I got married I had acted as Su Chef to my grandmother, so I was there peeling veggies , and watching her cook, I started baking as soon as I could read, and I had been told by her to make breakfast for my father when he showed up after she had already made breakfast. So I wasn't totally without knowledge of the stove.I knew enough to laugh when a friend told me she was trying to make spaghetti and didn't know spaghetti "grew", she had to change pots 4 times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:06 am