CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
CeCe
wants2laugh
Chris
9 posters

Should rapist parents have to pay child support?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should rapist parents have to pay child support? Empty Should rapist parents have to pay child support?

Post by Chris Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:07 am

Most states do not acknowledge the rights of rapists who impregnate their victims; however, a few have no addressed the question, leaving open the possibility of rapists asserting parental rights and obligations. If a man is convicted of rape, goes to prison, serves his time and is released; do you think when he's released he should have any parental rights; more specifically, should he be under any obligation to pay child support?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Should rapist parents have to pay child support? Empty Re: Should rapist parents have to pay child support?

Post by wants2laugh Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:11 am

I think he should pay a "restitution" not a child support--- whether there is a baby or not. Make it for $300,000. This way there wont be any fight over "he's paying support, he should see the kid". He is a sex offender on the books for life and should not be allowed near children anyway.... so pay up for your crime and stay away from those kids.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Should rapist parents have to pay child support? Empty Re: Should rapist parents have to pay child support?

Post by wants2laugh Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:12 am

oh and should be sterilized too... i dont care if it is unconstitutional!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:15 am

I don't think a rapist should have any rights at all.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:08 am

No.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:04 am

That's a very interesting legal question. No, I don't think the rapist should have any parental rights but I think a woman should sue for back child support if she can get a pro bono lawyer even if she doesn't stand a chance to collect a dime. Use the legal system to do to him what he did to her.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:10 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I think he should pay a "restitution" not a child support--- whether there is a baby or not. Make it for $300,000. This way there wont be any fight over "he's paying support, he should see the kid". He is a sex offender on the books for life and should not be allowed near children anyway.... so pay up for your crime and stay away from those kids.

ITA with this! No rights at all but he should be responsible for a lump sum, restitution payment. He can take out a loan for that amount and work the rest of his life at paying it back but the child shouldn't suffer because of what the rapist did.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:50 pm

I think it should be up to the mother to ask for support, but to never let the father have visitation rights. My assumption on this is that a woman who is strong enough to raise a child that is a product of rape isn't going to want a dime from the guy.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:26 pm

He should only have parental rights IF the mother (who would presumably be the primary gaurdian at that point) decides that she wants him to be a part of the child's life. If not, then he shouldn't have any parental rights at all.

IF the mother allows him parental rights, then he should have to pay child support. If not, then he shouldn't because it was ultimately her choice to go ahead and have a baby by a rapist. If he has served his sentence and has not been given any parental rights, then he shouldn't have to pay child support. That is the most fair and neutral way that I can think of it.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:01 pm

No. IA with the person who said that he should just pay a restitution.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:05 pm