CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Children divorcing their parents?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Children divorcing their parents? Empty Children divorcing their parents?

Post by Chris Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:32 am

Do you think children should be allowed to legally divorce their parents? If yes, at what age and for what reasons? If no, what reasons?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Children divorcing their parents? Empty Re: Children divorcing their parents?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:57 am

LOL, no. You can 'divorce' them when you turn 18.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:49 am

Sounds a lot like an emancipated minor. It really depends on the situation. Obviously the teen would have to be able to take care of their own needs. But they shouldn't have to stay in an abusive situation for a couple of years until they reach legal age. Haven't researched it but I'm guessing you would see this a lot more with celeb kids or ones who have come into some kind of personal wealth & whose parents are making a money grab. I imagine it would be very difficult for the average teen.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:56 am

CeCe wrote:Sounds a lot like an emancipated minor. It really depends on the situation. Obviously the teen would have to be able to take care of their own needs. But they shouldn't have to stay in an abusive situation for a couple of years until they reach legal age. Haven't researched it but I'm guessing you would see this a lot more with celeb kids or ones who have come into some kind of personal wealth & whose parents are making a money grab. I imagine it would be very difficult for the average teen.

co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:21 pm