CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Jason B.
wants2laugh
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Supernova
Chris
11 posters

When statutory rapists claim they didn't know their lovers age.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

When statutory rapists claim they didn't know their lovers age. Empty When statutory rapists claim they didn't know their lovers age.

Post by Chris Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:37 am

Should claiming ignorance to an underage lover be enough to get statutory rape charges dropped?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

When statutory rapists claim they didn't know their lovers age. Empty Re: When statutory rapists claim they didn't know their lovers age.

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:53 am

You know, on one hand it is understandable because how many guys ask a woman 'how old are you?' before they jump in the sack? But on the other hand, if it were that easy, EVERY guy who sleeps with a minor could say that and get off.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

When statutory rapists claim they didn't know their lovers age. Empty Re: When statutory rapists claim they didn't know their lovers age.

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:56 pm

If he genuinely didn't know, perhaps. These fast ass girls out here are something else.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:09 pm

I think we may have already discussed Doug Hutchinson and his child bride Courtney Stodden. I believe she was 16 when they married but I'm willing to bet she looked like this when she was 15.

When statutory rapists claim they didn't know their lovers age. 228366-lost-star-wedding

It would suck for some guy to do time for unknowingly doing a minor that looks like this.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:45 pm

I don't think that any should be given a pass due to claiming ignorance on her age. As soon as that happens, guys who know are going to get out of the charges more and more often.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:49 pm

ANY man who meets the girl in a bar should not get charged. Remember Rob Lowe was with the girls he met in the bar. Wouldn't you assume if they were in a bar being served that they were over 21????

In that instance, I would let them off
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:02 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I don't think that any should be given a pass due to claiming ignorance on her age. As soon as that happens, guys who know are going to get out of the charges more and more often.

I agree. I can dismiss short term ignorance but if this was an ongoing affair, then at some point the adult in the situation should have started to pick up some clues and asked questions. If you've been sleeping with a 16 year old for 6 months and had no inkling that they were underage, then that's probably willful ignorance.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:35 am

Claiming that they didn't know is a weak defense. The question is were they lied to? If a 16 year old claimed she was 20, then hear him out....if age was never discussed then side frown.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:48 am

Well... I was 12yrs old, and easily could pass for 18-- my chest was already huge. I dated a guy who told me he was 17, and I told him I was 17. Turned out he was 20. We both lied... we just made out... but looking back now... yeah, he should have known. But he was HOT with these gorgeous green eyes, so i didnt really care when i found out his age lol
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:04 pm

wants2laugh wrote:ANY man who meets the girl in a bar should not get charged. Remember Rob Lowe was with the girls he met in the bar. Wouldn't you assume if they were in a bar being served that they were over 21????

In that instance, I would let them off

I was going to bring this one up, you know when you meet them in a bar you REALLY are NOT going to be thinking that they're 15, 16 unless they look like they are.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Ah, I lived a lucky life.

Hippie Crash Pad, New Orleans, Runaway Girl (probably 15). I'da gone to jail for the dope anyway and at least they didn't have a lifetime sexual predator list back then. Still statutory rape charges for doing a girl who willfully consented (and even pulled ur dick outta ur pants) seems a complete waste of the judicial system and ruining lives for nothing. Same as the dope tho. blank stare @ you

There is no justice - only luck!
    Blue Cool
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Chris wrote:Should claiming ignorance to an underage lover be enough to get statutory rape charges dropped?
    Generally speaking I don't think there should be such a law as "statutory rape" to begin with. I don't believe in charging people for "victim-less" crimes. If there is no victim, then nobody is "guilty" of anything. Maybe if statutory laws were actually consistent from place to place I might have a different perspective, but clearly they are not. My opinion is this: if sex is consensual, then it's not "rape" and if its not consensual, then it is! That should apply whether the person in question is 15, 18, 35 or 80.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:33 pm

How would you know if they are lying or not?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 4:38 am