CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
RedBedroom
MandyPerfumeGirl
Tony Marino
Supernova
Chris
9 posters

Chemical castration for pedophiles and rapists

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Chemical castration for pedophiles and rapists Empty Chemical castration for pedophiles and rapists

Post by Chris Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:58 am

Yes or no?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Chemical castration for pedophiles and rapists Empty Re: Chemical castration for pedophiles and rapists

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:36 am

On one hand I say why limit it to just chemically? Why not go all the way and make SURE they'll never be able to get aroused again? Then on the other hand, I do know that some people who are charged with these crimes are not always guilty, so it's a slippery slope...but I definitely think when you have a repeat offender, that there's no doubt of their guilt, only of how many victims he has, hell yes, chop chop the family jewels.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Chemical castration for pedophiles and rapists Empty Re: Chemical castration for pedophiles and rapists

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 am

When there is definite proof I say chop them off!
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:39 pm

I say no, absolutely not. That's very medieval and barbaric. First of all, a pedophile means they're sexually attracted to kids, but it doesn't mean they've harmed them physically at that point - if they reach that point, then they're called child molesters. Second of all, a rapist can still violate people without their penises - with blunt objects, with molestation, etc.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 am

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:I say no, absolutely not. That's very medieval and barbaric. First of all, a pedophile means they're sexually attracted to kids, but it doesn't mean they've harmed them physically at that point - if they reach that point, then they're called child molesters. Second of all, a rapist can still violate people without their penises - with blunt objects, with molestation, etc.

Well I've got news for you, you only find out somebody IS a pedophile AFTER they've harmed children, so what's wrong with castrating them then? And why shouldn't the same apply to rapists? Sure, they can use other objects but it takes away their main source of 'power'.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:47 pm

I think that chemical castration should be available to those who want to be rehabilitated in exchange for a slightly less harsh sentence.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Supernova wrote:

Well I've got news for you, you only find out somebody IS a pedophile AFTER they've harmed children, so what's wrong with castrating them then? And why shouldn't the same apply to rapists? Sure, they can use other objects but it takes away their main source of 'power'.

Would you chop off somebody's fingers if they stole something?
    She's right, that shit is a little barbaric. We don't live in medieval times. I'm willing to be sending a rapists to jail where he would be subjected to the same kind of pain he inflicted on someone else wouldn't be a picnic. Exactly what is castration going to do in favor of locking someone up?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I think that chemical castration should be available to those who want to be rehabilitated in exchange for a slightly less harsh sentence.

Chemical castration for pedophiles and rapists 35166 . That I can go for. How crazy is it to suggest castration as a punishment instead of subjecting them to the same torture? Yeah, you rape someone and now we're going to chop off your dick and send you back out in the wild so you won't do it anymore. That doesn't take care of them problem at all.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Supernova wrote:On one hand I say why limit it to just chemically? Why not go all the way and make SURE they'll never be able to get aroused again? ...when you have a repeat offender, that there's no doubt of their guilt, only of how many victims he has, hell yes, chop chop the family jewels.
    Tony Marino wrote:When there is definite proof I say chop them off!

Forgiveness_Man wrote:xD My thoughts exactly! Why limit to chemically? In the most extreme cases deserving of this, just go all slice, slice! xD

Sorry guys, your sentiments on this issue are not up for debate.

The U.S. Constitution specifially forbids "cruel & unusual punishment." And that was put in there in the 18th century precisely to prevent castration, cutting off ears, hands, fingers, noses and other disfiguring practices that were common with inquisitors and other hardliners of the immediate past.

Hence, "chemical castration" as an alternative that can suppress sexual urges in men, while not being permanent or disfiguring. And, I agree it should be used as a condition of eventual release of certain aggressive/violent sex-offenders.

Last edited by Shale on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added another with no idea of legal limitations)
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Supernova wrote:On one hand I say why limit it to just chemically? Why not go all the way and make SURE they'll never be able to get aroused again? Then on the other hand, I do know that some people who are charged with these crimes are not always guilty, so it's a slippery slope...but I definitely think when you have a repeat offender, that there's no doubt of their guilt, only of how many victims he has, hell yes, chop chop the family jewels.
    xD My thoughts exactly! Why limit to chemically? In the most extreme cases deserving of this, just go all slice, slice! xD
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Exactly. The problem with chemical castration is they only need to miss ONE pill and then, oh well, they can't help themselves, right? Bullshit
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:58 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:I say no, absolutely not. That's very medieval and barbaric. First of all, a pedophile means they're sexually attracted to kids, but it doesn't mean they've harmed them physically at that point - if they reach that point, then they're called child molesters. Second of all, a rapist can still violate people without their penises - with blunt objects, with molestation, etc.

Agreed.
    I would have a "cut their nuts off" attitude if someone I love were the victim of a sexual predator, but you can't go by that because it's revenge talking not rationale. Rationally if someone rapes or molests someone and is discovered, charge them with the crime and send them to prison. Give them the maximum sentence under the law and don't allow possibility of parole if this individuals crimes were that heinous, but I don't agree with things like castration or legal torture.

Last edited by JB on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:27 pm

1. Well I don't say we round up anybody that is merely a pedo and do it. But if we wanna distinguish between regular ole pedos and pedos who've molested/raped children, okay. We only castrate the ones who've done it, the "child molestors" if you will. Razz

2. That's true. Hence why we aren't releasing them back onto the streets just cause they don't got their weapon of choice any longer. Razz

3. Barbaric? Kind of like raping a child maybe?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:06 pm