CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Nhaiyel
Alan Smithee
Shale
AtownPeep
Supernova
CeCe
Hyacinth Girl
Chris
14 posters

Celebrity privacy

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Celebrity privacy Empty Celebrity privacy

Post by Chris Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:47 am

Do you believe that a celebrities personal life should be off limits if they would rather not indulge the public about it, or do you subscribe to the theory that since they chose to pursue a career that put themselves in the limelight that they can't pick and choose what is and isn't off limits to the public?
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Celebrity privacy Empty Re: Celebrity privacy

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:36 am

It's the job/career of the celebrity that is public, not what they do off-hours, but unfortunately, that gets misconstrued and their entire lives get thrust into the limelight. Actors, singers, public persona do what they do to bring in a paycheck--no different concept than anyone else who has a job, so they should be entitled to their privacy when not on the clock/company time.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 am

Everyone is entitled to their privacy & personal space. Including celebrities.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 am

Agreed, just because you go in front of a camera for your WORK, doesn't mean that that cancels your rights to be treated with respect towards your privacy like any other human being when you go home, or out. I remember a few years back the paparazzi followed somebody to a private beach, and all the surfers there started beating up the shutterbugs, and I was all for that, we need more of that.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:45 am

They chose a career in the spotlight. I can understand wanting privacy, but you can't have it both ways. You can't walk outside and eat up people screaming your name and then expect them to shut up when it's not convenient.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:37 am

CeCe wrote:Everyone is entitled to their privacy & personal space. Including celebrities.
    co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:54 pm

CeCe wrote:Everyone is entitled to their privacy & personal space. Including celebrities.
    co-signs But their careers are in trouble when people stop asking for autographs.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:41 pm

They have a right to a private life, until they let their fame go to their heads and start breaking the law or showing out in public, then to hell with their 'private lives' - they deserve to be scrutinized at that point.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 pm

They should be entitled to their privacy regardless of their celebrity status.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:24 pm

AtownPeep wrote:They chose a career in the spotlight. I can understand wanting privacy, but you can't have it both ways. You can't walk outside and eat up people screaming your name and then expect them to shut up when it's not convenient.

For the most part. I do feel bad for the folks that have to be dressed to the nines to go to the store or something like without being scrutinized. It's like a catch 22.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:17 pm

I understand both sides. On the one, I respect the principal that everyone deserves their privacy. On the other, they knew (or should have had some idea) that this business was gonna thrust them into the spotlight and put them under a microscope. I have a hard time feeling bad for celebrated multimillionaires who have lifestyle perks & accommodations mere commoners can only dream of when they complain about people not giving them enough privacy.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Diana is dead IN PART to paparazzi... see wasn't wearing a seat belt either.

if a celebrity says "no comment" then the subject should be off limits. Daisy Duke at 60 yrs old in a bathing suit being told that she is fat is ridiculous!!!! im still pissed about that
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:30 pm

I think they have to resign themselves to some of the tabloid stuff, but all of it gets taken too far.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:03 am

Your private life stops being your private life when you become a person of public figure. I'm not fascinated by celebrity and so I won't go out of my way to get in their business, but rarely do I feel for them when their personal trials, tribulations and scandals are all over the front page and news shows. They want this lifestyle. If not they would withdraw from the public eye.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:19 am

but the extent the paparazzi go to get a pic of them in a hot tub or in the pool on PRIVATE property that is gated and secured is ridiculous. THAT should be respected and it isn't because we live in a society that the one pic could be worth a million bucks. not exactly fair-- they can't even be safe in their own homes either... not fair
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:52 am

wants2laugh wrote:Diana is dead IN PART to paparazzi... see wasn't wearing a seat belt either.

if a celebrity says "no comment" then the subject should be off limits. Daisy Duke at 60 yrs old in a bathing suit being told that she is fat is ridiculous!!!! im still pissed about that

Who buys those crap tabloids? I see them in the checkout line of the supermarket - incredible. The ppl who buy that crap are accomplices in all the mishaps of those aggressive paparazzi.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:51 am

Opa Shale wrote:

Who buys those crap tabloids? I see them in the checkout line of the supermarket - incredible. The ppl who buy that crap are accomplices in all the mishaps of those aggressive paparazzi.

Agree, and I don't know why anybody WOULD buy it, seems to me you can just read them while you're in line and then toss them back. Why would anybody support it when everybody KNOWS the tabloids make stuff up to sell at the cost of people's lives? You know, how empty is your life that you have to see the story of who's fat, who had surgery, who's leaving who, who's dying, etc?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:52 am

wants2laugh wrote:but the extent the paparazzi go to get a pic of them in a hot tub or in the pool on PRIVATE property that is gated and secured is ridiculous. THAT should be respected and it isn't because we live in a society that the one pic could be worth a million bucks. not exactly fair-- they can't even be safe in their own homes either... not fair

And WHAT ABOUT when the paparazzi follows them halfway around the world to get pictures of them when they go to a foreign beach for a vacation? You know what, if somebody is following you everywhere you go, and to those lengths, that is called stalking and it is illegal, but somehow when you're a celebrity THEN it's not illegal, that's perfectly fine where the law is concerned, why?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 am